RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18 "The Deuce" Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/8749167-aquacrafts-new-miss-vegas-u-18-%22-deuce%22-thread.html)

tonywayne 02-20-2011 11:34 AM

RE: AQUACRAFT'S NEW MISS VEGAS U-18

1 Attachment(s)
Hull painted, radio box installed. ready for servos and linkages.

G4Bama 03-06-2011 06:55 PM

I am looking for information on set up and running adjustments for the AQ Grimfin. Is it best to align it inline with the side of the sponson ortucked under to follow the undercut angle of the sponson?

superflyboy1988 03-06-2011 07:17 PM

tonywayne where did you get the radio box

toyotatruckin 03-07-2011 05:47 AM

G4, there isnt a one size fits all in fin adjustment, start with as vertical as you can get, if its to loose in the corner adjust it in a bit and try again, do that till it holds nice in the corner and your gold, I personally dont like curved fins as tilting them forward and back also effects the way they make your boat ride more so than a top bent fin so try and get that part neutral with the ride of your hull

Starrett_Eye 03-09-2011 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
got er done

joseywales 03-11-2011 08:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its not the duce but Misshydro wanted to do this on a miss vegas since 07. its not done yet. Can we say space shuttle miss vegas anyone?

R.J. West 03-11-2011 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: joseywales

Its not the duce but Misshydro wanted to do this on a miss vegas since 07. its not done yet. Can we say space shuttle miss vegas anyone?
Looks pretty cool. tribute to Discovery's being retired?
<br type="_moz" />

joseywales 03-11-2011 10:16 AM

Don't know the Name yet? But I know we're getting one of them at Wright Patterson Air Force Museum down at Dayton Ohio. I know they have the shuttle columbia wreckage on there base form what I was told.

toyotatruckin 03-12-2011 12:07 AM

If you removed the intake from the cowl and added some intake holes somewhere it would look more "shuttle" like.Take a bunch of work to get that done though.I have a modded cowl I did for a vegas and once that intake is gone nothing lines up to great, but can be done. Looks good other than that!

joseywales 03-13-2011 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd rather keep the intake on it. Gives it a different looks to it. Was thinking on making the turbine tube area like the shuttle's back end/exaust with the rocket engines. Well we did take our boats to Fortwayne R/C show. We won 6 trophy's,her shuttle was one of them that won with her new jae.12 rigger. Alot of people were taking pics of her space shuttle vegas. Now she just got to fine tune it and add decals and its done.

fuma 03-18-2011 12:52 PM

ok i did it now I orderd a MVD  .   any new tips for an old boater? I've read this thread so I should be ready.

res3567 03-20-2011 07:01 AM

The boat comes with a electric handheld starter.....if the engine hydrolocks, stop starting imediately....otherwise you will damage the one way bearing inside the engine. Otherwise everything else is the same if you have nitro boat experience. Adjusting the strut is another option if your boat does not run on the water right.....you won't know until you get it....as RTR's are a hit and miss......go over the entire craft and make sure everything is secure and tight.....do your break-in, tweak and tune...then run and have a blast. Any questions....post on here....

joseywales 03-20-2011 08:56 AM

To provent hydro locking you need to losen your glow plug first before starting your engine,After your motor starts up then tigten your glowplug backup. other wise you can damage your engine. Glen from Nova Rossi USA told me that. I didn't know that. If you dont do that you will bend a crank or rod.

fuma 03-21-2011 06:28 AM

thanks  it will be a couple of weeks before i can test her , have to wait till my birthday, as this one is a gift from the wife

fuma 04-10-2011 09:43 AM

ok got the box open, there is no cooling coil on the header. should there be? will it hurt it to run without one?

Jerry Dunlap 04-10-2011 06:38 PM

With the black coupler, the need for the water cooling coil was eliminated.

JD

fuma 04-11-2011 03:46 AM

I thought that .     Thanks    Now I need a trip to  the pond

superflyboy1988 04-12-2011 02:16 PM

what kinda paint are yall using on these boats and is it fuel proof are yall using a clear coat on them i want to refinish my Vegas but dont know how like how do i fill the little cracks in the hull

toyotatruckin 04-12-2011 05:08 PM

dupont or their cheaper line nasons is what I use on mine, duplicolor acrylic lacquer << rattle can from parts house works well with no lifting and I sometimes use it for trim work windows turbines stripes etc but always have a good base under it and urethane clear over it, not exactly cheap and must have guns compressor and what not to finish it off, enamel will not hold up to nitro fuel and straight rattle can wont hold up to nitro very well either

Do a search youll find a lot of painting info even right here on RCU

fuma 05-05-2011 07:56 AM

I Like This Boat  !

barmonkey 05-05-2011 05:51 PM

Does anyone have a Part Number for the new black coupler?

Also...Have they changed anything else to the Vegas?

superflyboy1988 05-06-2011 01:53 AM

the header is different and it dose not have the header cooler coil

Jerry Dunlap 05-06-2011 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: barmonkey

New Black Coupler #SUPG4665

JD

res3567 05-10-2011 08:53 PM

Ok Jerry...what does the new black coupler do better?

Jerry Dunlap 05-11-2011 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: res3567

Ok Jerry...what does the new black coupler do better?

It won't burn out as easily as the original coupler did. I'm not saying it will never burn out, but it is a much thicker coupler.

JD