RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

advanced builder 09-27-2012 04:28 PM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Neil, Check this out.... :)

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?...ttach_id=34432
no twins for me, Ill watch

bdog1 09-28-2012 01:39 PM

Hi Guy's -Its great to see the boat racing start back up in the Rochester area !
I was wondering what happened to the 1/8 scale unlimited class that used to be very popular...
Anyway here is a Youtube of some of the Full size unlimiteds pushing a little to hard...hope you enjoy !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag6Bg...eature=related

Blackout 09-29-2012 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Hi Guy's -Its great to see the boat racing start back up in the Rochester area !
I was wondering what happened to the 1/8 scale unlimited class that used to be very popular...
Anyway here is a Youtube of some of the Full size unlimiteds pushing a little to hard...hope you enjoy !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag6Bg...eature=related
My guess is gas engines are the reason 1/8 scale are gone. Now we have gas thunder boat.

Ottawa ran a sport 60 class at their big race. That is pretty much 1/8 scale without the scale. :)

Canadian LoCo 09-29-2012 08:28 AM

the only other race that i know of that run 1/8 scale would be the Northern lights club
at the Northern Lights Open in London Ont but mostly are from D2.

Serpents Den 09-29-2012 08:57 AM

...on another note, here's some pictures ofmy new super cat hull whichis have due to arrive :D pictures taken by the builder, Brandon Thomas @ Mountain Hobbies :)

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...dRedCat005.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...dRedCat003.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...dRedCat002.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...dRedCat001.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...dRedCat006.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...dRedCat004.jpg

gassertom 09-30-2012 01:52 PM

Gentelmen
How did everybody do?

T&C

advanced builder 09-30-2012 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Gentelmen
How did everybody do?

T&C
I was very close to setting a new time record in open rigger. The hull was new to me so I stayed away from the buoy. Tom it wasn't the hull I got from you but one I got from Bill Kozuck. Yes a AB hull running a CMB green head." Coming next season". I chased Scott all season not today. He parked his hull to let me go on after 1 lap. Craig took home 2nd in .21 hydro. If my hull was running decent he would of won. I has 3 DNS. Bob ran away with gas mono. And one more I think gas sport hydro. Dick & Rick &Joe took home 123 in Thunderboat. Like always NEXT YEAR. Oh I got 2nd in open rigger. I decided to spend my time on nitro as to gas Next year I'll run gas sport hydro that all. Bob got a nice 2nd hand whiplast for Mike Mentor. Bob's old sport hydro got hit dead on ,shes done. Even Pete commented on Bobs driving ,he's TOP DOG in Stony Pond. Sorry Craig your 2nd this year. We all put in our time. It payed off. Each race everyone got better.
T&C GET HER DONE , Cindy has really done well all year, So she's due for a WIN or Place

Blackout 09-30-2012 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Gentelmen
How did everybody do?

T&C
I was very close to setting a new time record in open rigger. The hull was new to me so I stayed away from the buoy. Tom it wasn't the hull I got from you but one I got from Bill Kozuck. Yes a AB hull running a CMB green head.'' Coming next season''. I chased Scott all season not today. He parked his hull to let me go on after 1 lap. Craig took home 2nd in .21 hydro. If my hull was running decent he would of won. I has 3 DNS. Bob ran away with gas mono. And one more I think gas sport hydro. Dick & Rick &Joe took home 123 in Thunderboat. Like always NEXT YEAR. Oh I got 2nd in open rigger. I decided to spend my time on nitro as to gas Next year I'll run gas sport hydro that all. Bob got a nice 2nd hand whiplast for Mike Mentor. Bob's old sport hydro got hit dead on ,shes done. Even Pete commented on Bobs driving ,he's TOP DOG in Stony Pond. Sorry Craig your 2nd this year. We all put in our time. It payed off. Each race everyone got better.
T&C GET HER DONE , Cindy has really done well all year, So she's due for a WIN or Place
Neil summed it up pretty good.

I was in the running for 20 hydro high points, but in heat 1, I got a dnf when I throttled back a 1/2 lap before the finish and the engine died. [:@] I broke rule #1 when driving a rigger, "Never back off, just drive widen open through traffic!" The engine was a little lean and it came off pipe. I richened it up 2 clicks for heats 2 and 3 and came in 1st for both, but I was still 75 points behind Tom A. But, it was fun, because the .20 rigger was hauling ass, so I was having a blast! :D I finally blew a plug in the 20 rigger during pit time of heat 3, but we got a new one in and got the job done. :D I think that was plug #3 for the season, maybe #2.... Gas guys, their is no shame in switching back to nitro. :)

Bill, thanks for the suggestion to sharpen the turn fin. I think it made a difference. I'll be sharpening the rudder too. ;)

The pond is down, but I think I need to run the rigger more before the snow flies. Like Neil says, "Rigger Fever!" :D

advanced builder 09-30-2012 06:29 PM

Craig , Your hull ran the fastest this weekend. Tom has 20 + years driving. NEXT SEASON.Your stock engine is running well. Having the .45 rigger class coming to Stony next season. I f Rick can build a few for the club ,now were racing 45 rigger. I did run my .45 against a .67 a .67 is way faster. But driving that 45 got me ready for the .67 I think. Looking back my 21 rigger ran inconsistent all season. I stay too long with a bad bearing. With Rick getting his rigger ready for next season. We got a lot of good .21 racing coming next year. Yes I did my home work ,after the race. That's a key point. That 3rd channel will put you crazy fast.

Billk44 10-01-2012 04:12 AM

Craig,
That was the quickest I have seen your boat run to date. Sharpen the rudder and make sure the prop is clean. Good job as performance was excellent.

When you hold your first race, will you keep Open Rigger or drop the class? Note: we developed this class to keep it pure for riggers and to keep out other hull classes.

No, no more nitro. But there may be a new Open Rigger boat for 2013.
Bill

advanced builder 10-01-2012 05:37 AM

That's a nice looking gas cat. Mountain hobby does good work. I have a offshore Vee hull by Brandon.

Blackout 10-01-2012 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Billk44

Craig,
That was the quickest I have seen your boat run to date. Sharpen the rudder and make sure the prop is clean. Good job as performance was excellent.

When you hold your first race, will you keep Open Rigger or drop the class? Note: we developed this class to keep it pure for riggers and to keep out other hull classes.

No, no more nitro. But there may be a new Open Rigger boat for 2013.
Bill
Hi Bill,

For the NY state series races, the classes will be the same as Brick Pond. If we hold other races, we will try some new classes if there is a demand. I think Open Rigger is a good class. We will keep that for sure. Nitro vs. gas! Bring it on! :D

advanced builder 10-01-2012 09:31 AM

What about" NYS Race of Champion Series". I kinda like that one. all good any way. NYSRCS OR NYSCS any votes.

Billk44 10-01-2012 09:33 AM

Either one is fine by me. Pete picked the NYS.

parshallboatworks 10-01-2012 04:01 PM

Hi everyone!! Sounds like Team Stoney Pond did well at the races!!!:DGo Team!!  I spent the weekend building new shelter a couple roads over at the flying field... Tore down old one(12x30') and built a 24x40' one to replace... Have some tin to finish on roof but came out nice... Next extracurricular project is railings on driver stand and railing on stairs so OSHA and IMPBA can get along so we can host "Stoney Pond regatta speed cup" this up coming season!!!! Getting too dark too early these days!! Going to be daylight savings way too soon...[:o] Going to have flying and boatingwithdrawals this year...[:@] Darn, no indoor ponds to play in... (We at least can fly inside during snow season.... Hey craig, lets close in the pond and heat it so we can run all yr round.... Lol.. Hope we can all stay in touch this winter... Plan on building a couple gas hydros for rogers son and i to run next yr... Look out ZIPPKITS here we come!!!<div>Rick Parshall...p.s. those full size hydros videos were SICK... Thanks for sharing!!!</div>

Serpents Den 10-01-2012 07:00 PM

thanks Neil :) looking forward to getting"Hellraiser" built...then to decide where I'm gonna send it for paint ;) at least she won't need much for a base coat. I also thought about picking up one of his Scorpion vee's...we shall see...

Brian

That's a nice looking gas cat. Mountain hobby does good work. I have a offshore Vee hull by Brandon.

Blackout 10-02-2012 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Hi everyone!! Sounds like Team Stoney Pond did well at the races!!!:DGo Team!! I spent the weekend building new shelter a couple roads over at the flying field... Tore down old one(12x30') and built a 24x40' one to replace... Have some tin to finish on roof but came out nice... Next extracurricular project is railings on driver stand and railing on stairs so OSHA and IMPBA can get along so we can host ''Stoney Pond regatta speed cup'' this up coming season!!!! Getting too dark too early these days!! Going to be daylight savings way too soon...[:o] Going to have flying and boatingwithdrawals this year...[:@] Darn, no indoor ponds to play in... (We at least can fly inside during snow season.... Hey craig, lets close in the pond and heat it so we can run all yr round.... Lol.. Hope we can all stay in touch this winter... Plan on building a couple gas hydros for rogers son and i to run next yr... Look out ZIPPKITS here we come!!!<div>Rick Parshall...p.s. those full size hydros videos were SICK... Thanks for sharing!!!</div>
Rick,

Let me know when you want me to bring the generator to the pond. Like I talked to you earlier, we should dig a hole and cement a 4x4 support at the middle/outside of the stairs to keep the stairs from moving side to side. This would also be a good sturdy support for the outside stairway railing. Digging a hole will be a *****! The clay is very tough. I can help you. A post hole digger does not work well, I have one, but had to use a shovel and make the diameter of the hole larger than needed. I have some cement bags in the barn, but we might need a couple more, I can pick those up, but that will be the last step. I will be around this weekend, but the weather looks marginal. It's up to you. Next weekend, I'll be camping. After that, camping is done and I should be around on weekends till the snow flies. I have three 4x4-16' treated lumber in my barn. Thanks!

Canadian LoCo 10-03-2012 08:27 PM

here's the IMPBA Sept.. Roostertail.
http://www.impba.net/attachments/art...ept12%20II.pdf

Luc W.

advanced builder 10-04-2012 06:10 AM

Thanks Rick for the old man hand rail. Congratulation to Randell Thomas ,Hall of fame, Thanks Luc for the good work this season. Thanks go to Bill Kozuck for the endless E-mails You all get a pat on the back better than a kick in the butt
. If I missed anyone ,good job.
D1 one is moving up!!! I can't wait till next season. Is it here yet? Just when my driving skills are improving. We all put in OT

Billk44 10-05-2012 05:58 AM

Reading spark plugs:

This was on Jim's Boat Dock ([link=http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html]Plug Chart[/link]). There have been others but this is the latest.

advanced builder 10-05-2012 06:35 AM

Ck that chart Bill ,no good ,Bill the props on the riggers are they AB props And I did get my 3rd channel working on D3 Now I can go back and reset my Spectrum to E on the grip
Any word on T&C or did anyone post any heats.
My real boat has new plywood DOWN. 3 more pieces to go 2 sides along the inboard motor. and 1 under the rear seat. It's been a slow build as I need to resin the ply before it goes down for good. The old plywood came out in pieces. The new rug should go down soon.

Billk44 10-05-2012 07:26 AM

Both props (H-32 and 1655) were prepared by Mark Sholund. Props were recommended by Andy Brown. Did some digging and have an H-32 and several 1655's in various pitches - all new.

Plug chart should good now - thanx for the heads up.

Blackout 10-05-2012 07:46 AM

Ck that chart Bill ,no good ,Bill the props on the riggers are they AB props And I did get my 3rd channel working on D3 Now I can go back and reset my Spectrum to E on the grip
Any word on T&C or did anyone post any heats.
My real boat has new plywood DOWN. 3 more pieces to go 2 sides along the inboard motor. and 1 under the rear seat. It's been a slow build as I need to resin the ply before it goes down for good. The old plywood came out in pieces. The new rug should go down soon.
Watch www.rcracingevents.com at night for the day's results. Are they racing today at the Fall Nats? Or is it practice?

advanced builder 10-05-2012 08:02 AM

I'll take -em as I need a spare. Any more goodies? I don't beach my riggers like I used to. but I better have a spare. downloaded the plug picks and will keep a page in my tool box. I did get a really nice full circle crank from Warehouse Hobby the X- Force crank . Going in my M&D -going in my Whiplash. The engines been in a box for a month or longer waiting on the crank . my old Zenhoa crank got a blue rod bottom over heated shot. The same crank as in Joe's engine. fits a Zenhoa. Thanks Bob for that one.

Billk44 10-05-2012 08:55 AM

We'll work out a deal for the props. I also have an H-38 but don't know if it will work - I throw that in. Let me look around for other goodies.