RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

parshallboatworks 10-20-2012 04:19 PM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Just read the zipkit Bullitt gas hydro manual front to back!! Lets get this party started!!!! Thanks Joe and Tom....

bdog1 10-21-2012 01:34 PM

Hi Craig : I am looking forward to next year,it has been a long time off from the boats.
You have a great site and your drivers stand is better then I ever saw in my day .

Have watched a bunch of the video's from your pond,you guy's have some very impressive boats !

I am planning on dusting off some of my old motors so I am sure I will be way down on power compared to the current models but hopefull I can be around at the start to keep you guys {and girls} honest

Craig from your experience this year what nitro classes do you expect to run next year ?
Mike

Joe Petro 10-21-2012 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from the Stony Pond work party...

Joe

Canadian LoCo 10-21-2012 01:46 PM

LOL @ Joe we are all getting older :D
so how's it coming along I bet it's looking good, did you guys get a chance to take a few pic's
it would be nice to see[8D]

gassertom 10-21-2012 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are some pictures from today

First (1) is of Neal at the beginning of the day, 2nd is of Craig getting some fortification, 3rd ad 4th are from later in the day.

Have already hit the drugs as Joe suggested!

Craig, if the driver's stand didn't get completly stained today, let us know, we can come out next weekend, weather permitting to help finish. Couldn't stand to stain another one of those darn spindles today (thanks Roger, for taking over for me - cd)

Thanks, T&amp;C<br type="_moz" />

Canadian LoCo 10-21-2012 02:54 PM

Holy guys what a job I just got a brain fart what about a getting a small barge
then if you could get a mini excavator that would be alot faster and better I would think.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/loco3939/01.jpg

just my 2 cent's
keep up the good work guys

Luc

engineman351 10-21-2012 02:55 PM

Cindy, My grandson Cameron and I got the 'back side' spindles and top rail done as well as the new stair hand rails as far as we could reach without a ladder. I think Craig would like to make sure the floor gets done as that seems to take the most beating from the sun. There is only a little stain left in the gallon. Craig will pick up another gallon so we can continue. He is has a ladder that can be set against the top rail, but I will only go up there if the wind is 'agreeable!! I have to work at Dan's next Saturday (They are having a Halloween Party), but if the weather is good I will be there on Sunday to do more. I liked the pic's of the guys on the island slaving away on hacking a couple of feet off!! I'm sure they were all thinking "Why doesn't someone vote me off this island!!!" They sure moved a lot of dirt. Also, thanks for the chili. Roger C

advanced builder 10-21-2012 03:22 PM

I want the Fire Dept to come and water jet the island. LOL One more day and we got it. I tried to crack the whip but as you can see they ,Just laid down.:D
I wonder how the Eire canal got built . Luc that's way too easy. :D We got a Kobota but no barge. So we shovel & pic axe. You seen it hear first.

Canadian LoCo 10-21-2012 03:52 PM

Ohh I see you got a few Mexican backhoes that will work also:D

parshallboatworks 10-21-2012 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Just got back from the Stony Pond work party...

Joe
...LOL... I agree joe!!!! Great to finally meet you!!! Go Zipp!!!

engineman351 10-21-2012 05:45 PM

Neil, we need a couple of these....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM8kEHjQz9U RC

parshallboatworks 10-21-2012 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

LOL @ Joe we are all getting older :D
so how's it coming along I bet it's looking good, did you guys get a chance to take a few pic's
it would be nice to see[8D]
hi luc, i put the only video to my knowledge taken from island... And if we can help it the last... Lol.. I have not had any luck getting things from you tube to here yet so look it up... At my page.. Rickparshall... You are sure to get a kick out of it!!! Enjoy. Look forward to meeting you next season. Just got a Bullitt gas sport hydro from joe today, actually i got it from tom for building his... So i guess i got 2 of them today!!
Rick P.
<br type="_moz" />

Canadian LoCo 10-21-2012 07:08 PM

Holy to funny :D:) thanks for sharing Rick.
cant wait to meet all of you new guys Man I hate winter[&:]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUP4FyDykAs&feature=plcp[/youtube]

parshallboatworks 10-21-2012 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Hi Craig : I am looking forward to next year,it has been a long time off from the boats.
You have a great site and your drivers stand is better then I ever saw in my day .

Have watched a bunch of the video's from your pond,you guy's have some very impressive boats !

I am planning on dusting off some of my old motors so I am sure I will be way down on power compared to the current models but hopefull I can be around at the start to keep you guys {and girls} honest

Craig from your experience this year what nitro classes do you expect to run next year ?
Mike

hey mike good to see you on here!!! WELCOME to the club!!!!!

Blackout 10-22-2012 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: bdog1

Mike

Hi Mike,

Check the below think. Those were the classes that we ran this past season. We hope to add 45 hydro next year. It seems like there should be enough boats.

http://www.stnyrcmbc.com/11.html

Thanks to everyone that came over to help this weekend!!! The roots gave us more of a problem than I hoped. Hopefully, one more time will get the job done enough.

advanced builder 10-22-2012 06:46 AM

I'm ready to go today,and destroy that island. Luc every time we got a big rock, no gold under the big rocks. CNY boater rock steady.
Ben-Gay ANYONE. Sat of Sun let me know.

Blackout 10-22-2012 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I'm ready to go today,and destroy that island. Luc every time we got a big rock, no gold under the big rocks. CNY boater rock steady.
Ben-Gay ANYONE. Sat of Sun let me know.
Wow Neil, All set to go again. You the man. :) I'll let you know, we'll see how the weather is.... I was aching all night, but I'm better now that I am moving again.

advanced builder 10-22-2012 07:31 AM

I have several choker & shackles for the tree stumps.

Blackout 10-22-2012 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I have several choker & shackles for the tree stumps.
O.K. I was just talking to my brother and next time we will try to pull some of the stumps with the tractor. Between me and him, I think we have enough chain length.

Blackout 10-22-2012 08:53 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEwlWMjVdT4&feature=related[/youtube]

bdog1 10-22-2012 09:03 AM

I will second Neils Idea.
I work with the past fire chief of the Shortsvill fire dept.
He said that you should stop over to the Hopwell FD just down the road from you site on tues night when they meet and talk to their chief ,they are allways looking for a chance to get out and practice with the equiptment....
Mike

bdog1 10-22-2012 09:08 AM

Ricky :You are a man of many talents - pilot,carpenter,painter,earthmover ....:)

engineman351 10-22-2012 09:59 AM

Craig...Mike is right on. Hopewell FD training excercise. Their fire hoses would have way more oomph than any pump we could rent. Now... that Hydro Excavating is a whole other level of oomph!!! Mike, do you still have an 1/8 scale hydro in mothballs??? Since I started running at Stony Pond a lot of my old (vintage!!) nitro stuff has come off the shelf to turn a few laps. Maybe an 1/8th scale next season!! Roger C.

Blackout 10-22-2012 10:29 AM

O.K. guys, I left a message with the Hopewell Fire Chief. But, I have zero connections in Hopewell, so if any of you guys have connections with the Hopewell Fire Dept., feel free to contact them on my behalf. Have them call me on my cell at 585-350-9853. Five years ago, I had a HUGE burn pile that I thought the Dept. would be interested in starting and puting out. I called, but got no response.

DO NOT mention that we are enlarging the pond!! We just want the top of the island gone! While enlarging a pond does not require a permit in Hopewell, there is no reason to risk bringing up any possible issues....

The pond address is 2816 Smith Road.

engineman351 10-22-2012 10:54 AM

I think that the best connection would be a donation offer...if you get to talk with the Chief. BTW check what ADMAR has...it may be cheap enough to rent a high pressure pump for a few hours to give it a try. RC