RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

parshallboatworks 11-06-2012 06:24 AM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: tdrock357

WOW I`m seriously interested in that .I deffinetly am going to check into it.Thanks alot.
If you scroll to top of this page, post #2927 craig has a link to the club and also on top left of webpage a link to some pics of pond expansion.... also post#2942 gasser tom has a link to a video of work in progress... the club has a bunch of great guys and ladys who are very helpful dont be afraid to ask questions,you will get lots of input!!!! welcome to r/c boating looking forward to seeing you....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif
Rick P.
<br type="_moz" />

Proboat 772 11-06-2012 10:30 AM

Craig,

The work on the Pond is really comming along well!! Thanks to Tom & Cindy for the neat video...

Dick T.

waltk 11-06-2012 10:51 AM

Always a pleasure Bro. I know you've got my back too. Teamwork!

Blackout 11-06-2012 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Proboat 772

Craig,

The work on the Pond is really comming along well!! Thanks to Tom & Cindy for the neat video...

Dick T.
Hi Dick,

I am stuck at work all day today, so I can't check today's progress until I get home. Hopefully, I'll get home before dark to check it out. :) Yesterday, I left work early to check progress.

Noon tomorrow will be the half way point for the widening, so I should have an idea whether he is going to get it all done in the time we paid for. The orange markers are set at 250 feet and that is what he is digging to. I had told him to widen it a little at a time until out of money, but he decided to go the full 250 feet right off. I think it is easier for him to move larger sections at a time. I let him make the call since he is the expert. Luckily, as he moves north the required width that needs to be moved narrows down to only 35 feet. It started out at 80 feet.

Hydro Junkie 11-06-2012 12:45 PM

I was in Quincy when Sandy hit but, for the record, IT WASN'T ME THAT BROUGHT SANDY TO THE NORTHEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
Wife and I were able to tour the Constitution Sunday after our cruise ship pulled in but, after that, it was batten down the hatches until the weather cleared on Tuesday.

tdrock357 11-06-2012 01:17 PM

New guy again.like to thank blackout for the info.Nice camera work for the renivations on the pond looks good.Should be seeing about joining in a month or two.Kind of tight between the project and this.</p>

advanced builder 11-06-2012 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

WOW I`m seriously interested in that .I deffinetly am going to check into it.Thanks alot.
If you scroll to top of this page, post #2927 craig has a link to the club and also on top left of webpage a link to some pics of pond expansion.... also post#2942 gasser tom has a link to a video of work in progress... the club has a bunch of great guys and ladys who are very helpful dont be afraid to ask questions,you will get lots of input!!!! welcome to r/c boating looking forward to seeing you....[img][/img]
Rick P.
<br type=''_moz'' />
TD
The IMPBA is your insurance ,in-case of a accident. You can take your card and race anywhere, a IMPBA race course. If you go to a NAMBA race you pay a $10.00 guest fee. The pond fee is for maintenance and up grades. If your not a racer yet this is where to learn. If your a seasoned driver then this is for practice and testing. NYS has only 2 IMPBA sites Stony Pond & Elmira. During the Spring Summer and Fall we run except for this season, as were digging. expanding The driver's stand is up and running. Normally we run Thursday evening and the weekends Roger has started a Thursday tunnel run ,that can be expanded &run 3-6 classes as a club race. That can only go till around Labor day as the Sun sets earlier and earlier. We try to have at least 2 guys running in case of a accident. We have guys that will run anytime really. This is were we meet and CK in to see if anyone else is ready to run. All we need is a clock to race But we try to give everyone time on the course. We come from Utica and Baldwinsville. and points beyond. Luc comes down from Ont Canada Guys from Buffalo are in next season.

tdrock357 11-06-2012 01:26 PM

P.S. RICKYAK55 ,Excuse me for not even catching your welcome,thanks I`m sure your great guys.

tdrock357 11-06-2012 01:32 PM

So you think I should grab the IMPBA card soon as possible?</p>

Blackout 11-06-2012 01:45 PM

So you think I should grab the IMPBA card soon as possible?</p>
There is no need for the IMPBA card until spring, when we first run. But, it is done by the year, so you pay for the whole 2013 year even if you join in April.

I will be updating and adding to our website this winter.

www.stonypond.net

tdrock357 11-06-2012 02:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Billk44 11-07-2012 05:39 AM

If you join or renew IMPBA membership before year's end, it is $50. After 1/1, it will be $60.

EDIT: Sorry, I checked the IMPBA website and it appears it is now $60 no matter when you renew. Maybe I missed something.

engineman351 11-07-2012 08:45 AM

Here is an excerpt from the 2013 IMPBA membership form:

Senior Membership for anyone 18 years and older, per year. This is for insurance coverage.
New members; $60.00
Early Renewal - -If you’re a renewal AND your application is received at the IMPBA Office prior to Dec 31, 2012; $50.00
After January 1, 2013 the dues are $60.00

So, tdrock357...there is no rush money wise for you to join in 2013. However, it's always good to get it done early so you can run when the ice melts!! I can't wait to run on the wider/longer Stony Pond!!! Roger C.

advanced builder 11-07-2012 09:40 AM

Roger a total team effort. Good job friends.
Now the island removal date, Sunday looks good. Just 3-4 little stumps. [:@] Craig I have a nylon strap and a steel cable choker,just need that large rope and your Kobota. I have a real axe for the roots. Anyone in for that?
I have 2 Vee hulls for sale if anyone is interested.1 is the Easy Vee gas 2 is the Micro-burst .67 going Cheap
. Buy high sell low is my motto[X(].
. No engines but I have engines if you want that too. The Easy Vee won D1 high points champion. two years ago. Some minor scratches here and their.War wounds The Easy Vee has taken some hard shots 2 seasons ago ,but still solid. A good builder. Pic if you want to look. $58.00 Hull only if you want the hardware we talk. not more than $40.

Blackout 11-07-2012 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Roger a total team effort. Good job friends.
Now the island removal date, Sunday looks good. Just 3-4 little stumps. [:@] Craig I have a nylon strap and a steel cable choker,just need that large rope and your Kobota. I have a real axe for the roots. Anyone in for that?
I have 2 Vee hulls for sale if anyone is interested.1 is the Easy Vee gas 2 is the Micro-burst .67 going Cheap
. Buy high sell low is my motto[X(].
. No engines but I have engines if you want that too. The Easy Vee won D1 high points champion. two years ago. Some minor scratches here and their.War wounds The Easy Vee has taken some hard shots 2 seasons ago ,but still solid. A good builder. Pic if you want to look. $58.00 Hull only if you want the hardware we talk. not more than $40.
Yes, Sunday looks good for island digging. Lets do it. :)

They are still pushing dirt at Stony Pond. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow morning. Last evening it was too dark and this morning I forgot.

gassertom 11-07-2012 03:18 PM

Craig - is there any more staining that needs to be done?  We can come out Sunday if needed for that.<div>T&amp;C</div>

Blackout 11-07-2012 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Craig - is there any more staining that needs to be done? We can come out Sunday if needed for that.<div>T&C</div>
There are a few spots and you can also stain the picnic table.

gassertom 11-08-2012 03:16 PM

Craig - we plan on getting out to the pond Sunday around 10-11 to complete the staining.  Do you have the brushes that we left?<div>T&amp;C</div>

Blackout 11-08-2012 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Craig - we plan on getting out to the pond Sunday around 10-11 to complete the staining. Do you have the brushes that we left?<div>T&C</div>
Yes, I have the brushes. I also have your portable grill. Remind me to give it to you. Thanks.

I added two more pictures of the dig to our website.

www.stonypond.net

parshallboatworks 11-09-2012 09:30 AM

Things are really happening at STONEY POND!!!! So exciting!!!! Cant wait to see progress!!! Nice pics Craig!! Love the video cindy!!! Will have to stop in and check things out maby today on way to get car dolly to rescue our son At Alfred st. College....

parshallboatworks 11-09-2012 09:56 AM

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...psdccb9e61.jpghttp://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...ps35f8f54a.jpgprogress on thunderboatshttp://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...psfabd17b6.jpgcowl fitted and glued,decking fitted and glued....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif

Canadian LoCo 11-09-2012 10:23 AM

Excellent work on the T-boats Rick all is looking great
keep it up can't wait to see them all done A+.

Luc

Blackout 11-09-2012 10:58 AM

Yes, looks great Rick! Tom picked a good builder! Gonna be a good class next year. They are always fun to watch, especially when Luc is one of the drivers.... :D

Canadian LoCo 11-09-2012 11:04 AM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH[X(] just wait till next season:)
it was hard to try and pay attention to racing while me CDing all day
I could not concentrate on driving or even race that dam thing LOL.

I hope you get your self a T-boat then will see who's king of the hill:D

Blackout 11-09-2012 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH[X(] just wait till next season:)
it was hard to try and pay attention to racing while me CDing all day
I could not concentrate on driving or even race that dam thing LOL.

I hope you get your self a T-boat then will see who's king of the hill:D
I know, just kidding with you. :) You and Michelle needed an umbrella or something to keep that sun off of you.

A T-boat is intriguing, but I would probably need to sell my gas mono. Only room for one gas boat.... ;)