Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Seagull Yak 54 90 size

Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
RBSteffey123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Seagull Yak 54 90 size

Question for anybody, I have the Yak 54 90 size and have a Saito 120 with 16x6 prop. The engine is fairly new and runs good. I used a Sullivan on-board glow system on my last model that had a Saito .82. I used 30% heli blend and pretty much burned that engine up.

Do on board glow systems for Saito engines cause problems? It has an option for full time glow power or you can set it to a certain stick position and it will engage (Help engines to have steady low idle).

Also, the cowl nuts vibrate loose and fall off, had to use larger screws to get it to stay on. What is the best (And easiest) way to mount cowl to fuse? Blind nuts? I also have to remove the muffler to be able to remove the cowl.

Throttle setup could be better. Has anyone installed micro servo or regular servo up front under cowl? My throws seem a little bit off. Any suggestions on mod for throttle setup?

Maintenance question, I fly almost every weekend and use cool power 15% for 4 cycle. When done for the day I empty tank and hook up glow and start the engine. I let it run until it stops, then use starter to turn over an additional 5 seconds to get everything out. Do I need to use after run oil? Cool power states no need to use as their product has anti-corrosion additives.

Rick
Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Charlie P.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Seagull Yak 54 90 size

Quote:
I fly almost every weekend and use cool power 15% for 4 cycle. When done for the day I empty tank and hook up glow and start the engine. I let it run until it stops, then use starter to turn over an additional 5 seconds to get everything out. Do I need to use after run oil?
IMHO no. Not f you run the engine monthly. If it's going to sit unattended for three months . . . then yes.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:08 PM
RBSteffey123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
R3d Ryd3r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

RDSteffey123,

I have the exact setup that I am building right now, how is the power with the Saito 120? what prop are you running? and are you using the stock muffler or a pitts style?
thanks

R3d

Search this Thread