Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Seniorita ARFs in Stock With Nitroplane

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Seniorita ARFs in Stock With Nitroplane

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seniorita ARFs in Stock With Nitroplane

I have been locked out for months on getting a Seniorita ARF.

On a whim, I checked the Nitroplanes site last night, did a search for "Seniorita" and found an ad for an ARF listed $79.50. All they have is the EP but I plan to reinforce the nose and put on a cute little .60 two cylinder I have. (Probably about the power of a 45 or so 4 stroke.)

As y'all know, Sig has showed these "temporarily out of stock" for months with a list price of $200 or so. Nitro previously got a batch of 'Ritas that they sold with the Sig name marked off the boxes for $79.50. The new ad listed availablility as shipping next business day. Did they snake another batch? Too good to be true and I put an order through PayPal just in case there was trouble, $105 with shipping.

Surprise, surprise, Gomer Pyle. Just got the pickup e-mail and tracking number from UPS. Be here Ground in under 5 days.

Keep you posted and better move fast, folks.

Tom

Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
noveldoc

Default RE: Seniorita ARFs in Stock With Nitroplane

Anybody have any idea what is going on here? We do know objectively that Sig has had the Seniorita "temporarily out of stock" for many months now. Nitromodels sold some with the SIG name scratched off the box. Best story had it Sig had refused to pay for this batch. Sig said there was a quality problem and factory said there was a Sig not paying for the deal problem.

Now they are selling a second batch. From what I can see the box this time is new without Sig on it anywhere. Also they show a set of decals that appears new without the Sig name. Appears that whatever Asian factory that did the first batch did another for Nitro with new boxes and decals, more of a custom job. Price remained at $79.50 rather than Sig's quoted $202.

This raises concerns on my part whether Sig is still a functional entity with any future prospects. Also raises questions about Sig's pricing since Nitromodels is obviously making a profit selling $122 below list. What is the usual markup on these things? They can buy wood and goodies in bulk and what do they pay their people, maybe twenty cents an hour?

Enquiring minds want to know. Anybody have any info, thoughts?

Tom
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Clay Walters

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

Anybody have any info, thoughts?

Tom
What's between Sig and the plant is between Sig and the plant. You like the plane? ...the price? Buy it. Its between you and Nitromodels; not Sig.

My thoughts,

Clay
Old 11-12-2010, 11:32 PM
WCB

ORIGINAL: Clay Walters

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

Anybody have any info, thoughts?

Tom
What's between Sig and the plant is between Sig and the plant. You like the plane? ...the price? Buy it. Its between you and Nitromodels; not Sig.

My thoughts,

Clay
Clay said it. You got your plane at a good price. Take it and run. Quit worrying about what Sig done once upon a time.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:03 AM
noveldoc

Good advice. Thanks.

I am just concerned that Sig may have left the scene. Great stuff and I had many good times with their products.

Tom
Old 11-13-2010, 08:45 AM
WCB

The "old" Sig that we all know and love is probably gone forever. It has changed hands and now it is hard to get anything. Tower Hobbies dropped the Sig line a while back and now I hear their ARF sales may never start again...which is ok with me because I was never a big fan of their ARF's anyway and they were way over priced. As far as kits go they had some of the best. Now it's hit or miss and you'd better call before you order. I hate it as bad as you do but it does look like Sig is on it's way out. Maybe someone else will either restart the company or pick up the rights to their kits.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 AM
noveldoc

Agree with the ARF thing overall. Maybe the SIG design is killing them there. Like building that bird cage fuselage for the Kadets rather than a simpler slab. And not also using materials that gets around the price and availability issues with balsa.

I have an ARF I really like, an Arising Star trainer, that appears to have been designed from scratch as an ARF. I note a simple box structure with fuselage sides out some sort of thin veneer. It flies well though, looks good and holds up to my thumpy landings okay. And it was cheap probably because it was quick to manufacture. But maybe it does not work as well to translate a built on kitchen table kit design to an ARF.

Am missing SIG already. Planes like the 4 Stars and Kadet series are classics. If they keep them in kit form, some major consolation though.

Tom
Old 11-13-2010, 06:55 PM
WCB

Am missing SIG already. Planes like the 4 Stars and Kadet series are classics. If they keep them in kit form, some major consolation though.
agreed
Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
noveldoc

Nitro is sold out. There is a guy on aEBay who has a decent price. Pretty nice guy.

Tom
Old 01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
ratshooter

They show the seniors in stock again. Good luck getting those suckers to answer the phone. I have been trying for two weeks to get them so I could ask if they plan on getting the LT-40 in the near future. Even the live chat is off line.