Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

I am new to flying and had my first crash

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

I am new to flying and had my first crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
V-Rodrider1130cc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am new to flying and had my first crash

I expected to have a crash much sooner than later. I nose dived into the pavement because of the wind.I tore the nose off my plane. It had a e-flite park400 motor and it broke the shaft clean off. Good thing it is replaceable. Well I have had my first run at repairing balsa and I have attached photos below. That is why I like this hobby. Even though I love my planes I also love to work on them. This was a cheap fix.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:17 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: I am new to flying and had my first crash

Now you get your first experience with re-covering
Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 AM
cfircav8r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you had help determining what caused the crash so you can avoid a repeat, and do you have help learning to fly?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
smwave

VRod,

After taking a look at your pics, are you sure you've got the plane balanced right? The plywood box on the nose of the plane looks quite heavy and would throw off your CG and cause it to crash without even getting it airborne. If your kit shows where your CG is I'd make sure that you follow that before you take it out to fly.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 PM
V-Rodrider1130cc

Wind got me. I counter acted too much. I am buddy boxing now at the club I joined.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 PM
V-Rodrider1130cc

I have not balance yet. I am waiting on the new shaft to come in for my eflite park 400 motor. I basically used the old broken part to go by and built it back just like it was. My buddy is going to teach me to balance it. Once it is recovered and the motor is in place.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

When you have crashed as much as I have (and most everyone else) you will become a seasoned flyer! It goes with the sport/hobby/obsession![:@]
Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 PM
V-Rodrider1130cc

Well here is part of my recover. I am done with the white. I can't find the exact color of red though.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
scubajohn

the info about balance and some help are good but like GIZMO said crashing is part of it i am now building a 4-60 to crash my best was my kaos at ful speed touced a tree branch and the debrie feild was long and made lots of little parts good luck
john
fly like you live hard and fast
Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Bundubasher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the "BROKENPROPFLYINGSOCIETY" , you have just been initiated. It is a worldwide society and one can say that members "join involuntarily"....

We have a floating "Broken Prop Trophy" in our club which is the hub section of a 26" wooden prop and broken aluminium spinner mounted on a wooden stand with a metal placate on it. It gets passed on to the guy who crash his plane (not able to fly that day with it again). He pass it on to the next guy again etc....I have it at the moment...

Best of luck with the repairs

Bundu
Old 01-15-2011, 08:09 AM
crash bandicoute

first time i crashed, it was my over-powered trainer pulling out of a split-S and folded the wings back. wasn't a damn thing i could do but watch it float down from about 100 feetin 3 pieces. totally trashed the fuse. i pulledthe gear and droppedthe partsin the burn pit on the way back to the pits.it was so awesome. buried the motor in the ground about5 inches. i got crash of the month for that one. pictures in the monthly paper and all. WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!! who said trainer's were boring...