Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

engine for my new 60-91 ugly stick

Old 12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
scubajohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default engine for my new 60-91 ugly stick

hi and thanks in advance i just bought a .60-91 RC Sports Plane Ultra Easy Stik Airplane ARF Kit and want some ideas on a good motor i like lots of power in the past i had a
40 kaos with os 46pumped, and a 4-60 with a super tiger 75 and now i am back to flying i got no idea what to expect is it heavey is it a good plane it is my first arf ( oh the shame ) but i got it for 66 bucks so what is a good engine for this model power vs $
john
Old 12-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Gizmo-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: engine for my new 60-91 ugly stick

A Magnum 91 fs should do the job!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Lifer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A 15 or 20 cc gas engine would work well for the plane.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:51 PM
RACE 66

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Since you've had expeirence with Super Tigre, I might suggest a Super Tigre .91. They run well, and treat them with respect and they will last a long time and reliable to. I have one in my Stick and I am happy with it.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 PM
coxco

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just repowered mine with the DLE 20cc gas. It has ENDLESSPOWER and thats just in the first few flites. I had to move the rudder and elev servos to the tail. I took the gas tank out of the front and moved it back under the wing just over the landing gear. I also moved the batteries (2 4.8v 2000mah nimh) to the back of the under the wing compartment.I built a nice rack to hold the batteries in and installed thepush pull switches for the engine and radio powerin that location also. The front compartment where the gas tank was is where the engine electronics, 42% kill switch, plug in type fuel filler and throttle servo are all mounted. this setup allows you to balance the weight without adding any. Because of the larger prop and ground clearance,I extendedthe landing gear and used4inch wheels. They look like they came off a bush plane. When I get achance I'lltryto post pictures.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Cherokee Flyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If it is the one from Cyradio on EBay, be careful with the Horz. Stab, they will break in the air. A additional 1/4"firewall will also add life to the airplane. Otherwise a super flying airplane; I am using a 15cc gas in mine now and it works great!

L.

Search this Thread