Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

engine for my new 60-91 ugly stick

hi and thanks in advance i just bought a .60-91 RC Sports Plane Ultra Easy Stik Airplane ARF Kit and want some ideas on a good motor i like lots of power in the past i had a
    40 kaos with os 46pumped, and a 4-60 with a super tiger 75 and now i am back to flying i got no idea what to expect is it heavey is it a good plane it is my first arf ( oh the shame ) but i got it for 66 bucks so what is a good engine for this model power vs $
    john
    John Travis waco brotherhood #178
    BUILDING WHAT I FLY AND FLYING WHAT I BUILD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: engine for my new 60-91 ugly stick

A Magnum 91 fs should do the job!
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A 15 or 20 cc gas engine would work well for the plane.
    AMA #77967/CD/LM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Since you've had expeirence with Super Tigre, I might suggest a Super Tigre .91. They run well, and treat them with respect and they will last a long time and reliable to. I have one in my Stick and I am happy with it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just repowered mine with the DLE 20cc gas. It has ENDLESSPOWER and thats just in the first few flites. I had to move the rudder and elev servos to the tail. I took the gas tank out of the front and moved it back under the wing just over the landing gear. I also moved the batteries (2 4.8v 2000mah nimh) to the back of the under the wing compartment.I built a nice rack to hold the batteries in and installed thepush pull switches for the engine and radio powerin that location also. The front compartment where the gas tank was is where the engine electronics, 42% kill switch, plug in type fuel filler and throttle servo are all mounted. this setup allows you to balance the weight without adding any. Because of the larger prop and ground clearance,I extendedthe landing gear and used4inch wheels. They look like they came off a bush plane. When I get achance I'lltryto post pictures.

The only good planes are in the air having fun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it is the one from Cyradio on EBay, be careful with the Horz. Stab, they will break in the air. A additional 1/4"firewall will also add life to the airplane. Otherwise a super flying airplane; I am using a 15cc gas in mine now and it works great!

L.
    Cherokee Flyer
    Club SAITO #696