Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JR 9503 vs 11X

I am going to replace my JR 8103 that I have had for more than 10 years. Any comments on the 9503 vs the 11X for a sport flyer? I do some limited 3D flying as well.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: JR 9503 vs 11X

ORIGINAL: jashah

I am going to replace my JR 8103 that I have had for more than 10 years. Any comments on the 9503 vs the 11X for a sport flyer? I do some limited 3D flying as well.

Thanks.
    I am looking forward to the replies you get as I am interested in a 9503. I have a DX7 and I just wonder how much better an upgrade the 9503 is. I mostly fly sport fliers too...glow and gas from 46AX to 50cc planes.

I have not flown my 40-50cc planes yet as I am getting final setup with my battery/receiver combinations and wondering whether I should upgrade to the 9503 if I would get more reduncy features.

After two years I really love the 2.4 and model match on the DX7 and it is a good radio for the dollar.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well there's no more redundency with a 9503 or an 11X than there is with a DX7.

What you do get is more rich and powerful programming, much better feeling gimbals (the DX7 feels like an AirHogs toy in comparison) a bigger screen with live graphs for all functions like pitch curves, throttle curves, expo and dual rates.

As for the differences in the 9503 and 11X its the same, more mixing, multi surface servo balancing, user configurable menus, switch assignments etc. For example to assign a switch on the 11X all you do is bring up the screen and flick the switch. Another stand out feature is the SDCard compatibility, you can store models on the card and update the firmware via the SDCard and swap models around to different 11x transmitters.

Oh yea, and more channels which can be used to assign dual ailerons, dual elevators, dual throttles etc in a very easy to setup interface.

If you have the money get the 11. The 9503 is a nice upgrade of the DX.

Oh and both the 9503 and 11X have a back lit screen which doesnt sound like much but once you think about how many times you have to move a 9303 or DX7 in to the light to see the screen its got definate value.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't offer advice there but just want to mention the possibility of telemetry. You may want to check that before buying anything?