Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Guess the Magnum deals are long gone!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Guess the Magnum deals are long gone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:16 PM
vidasj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess the Magnum deals are long gone!!!

Last winter, Hobby People had sales on the Magnum 4-stroke engines- about $80.00 for the .52, and $150.00 for the .91. I bought a .52 and two .91's. Turns out they are excellent running engines, and the prices couldn't be beat. I keep looking at their website waiting for another engine sale, but no such luck. Now $120.00 for the .52, and $200.00 for the .91 (on "sale") Much higher when not on sale.

I should have bought a couple more last winter- I imagine we'll never see those low prices again!!! AAAARRRGH!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Guess the Magnum deals are long gone!!!

I hear you. I kept putting off getting more of the Airtronics 2.4g Rx's, now they are almost twice the price.

I was putting off getting the .91fs. Now I wish I would have bought 5 of them back then.

I was checking with a friend who works there. He would check the sale price against his employee price. Most of the time the sale price was less then he had to pay. He could not take the employee discount on top of the sale price.

Buzz.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
vidasj

Current pricing is more in line with what other brands of four-strokes sell for i guess, other than O.S.O.S. engines overall are much higher quality and they run great, but they are grossly overpriced in my opinion. When I can can buy two Magnums for the price of one O.S., Magnum wins every time.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

I was going to blow this one off but I had to gloat for a change. I nailed a pair of 91 blue heads for 99.99 ea. during Labor day 2010; even cut out the add and put it into one of the boxes since no would believe me otherwise. Wish I would have made more moves on the four strokes when they were handing them out.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

I bought 5 of the .52s when they were $79.99. Hobby People sent me an email - I had to call them and verify the "large" order! $400 is a large order???
Old 04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
texasclouds

i missed the deal too...dangit!