Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seagull Spacewalker with a DLE-20

I just maidened my Seragull Spacewalker with a DLE-20 on it and it is a great combination...I am using a 16-6 APC prop and running it pretty rich rite now as I only have a few tanks of gas thru it...That little motor really has a lot of power. Its not even leaned out yet either. I am going to lean it out a little for the next flight because it is starting to pop a bit from being too rich. The Spacewalker only needed about two clicks of up to fly hands off..It is a nice flying plane so far but I havent really pushed it too hard yet... I am going too go over it and look for anything comming loose etc.. and then tomorrow maby I will push it a bit harder...
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Seagull Spacewalker with a DLE-20

A Member of my club has the same plane and engine - he is VERY happy with the combination!

As to just 'What the plane can do...?' it's all up to the pilot! The club pro took the Spacewalker up for it's maiden and had it doing knife edges, outside loops and such - all well beyond the 86 year young owner's abilities...

So it's safe to say that the plane will do ANYTHING that you can tell it to do...

It's Time to Kick the Tires and Light the Fires!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply Bbbair, I am getting more used to my Walker now. I am not able to do knife edges but I can do lots of other manovers. It flies very well..The DLE is very power full but loud so I have made a Stinger for the end of it. Our field has a 94 decibel limit and I was at 93 so I wanted to tone it down a bit...I got it down to 90 with out a noticible loss in power...I sounds a lot better..I am starting to really like this plane motor combination although I am finding a few glue joints letting go...One of my wing bolt blind nuts fell out and one of my canopy hold down tabs fell out...Not a biggy but not good sign either...I will watch every thing closely...
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does the Spacewalker cowl completely cover the DLE20, including muffler? Can you post some pics of the cowl?
    BTW, what's a "stinger"? Can you post a pic of that too? My field's sound level is about the same as yours.
    Thanks,
    Bidwin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bidwin Did you not get my reply to your pm?? I made my stinger from a 1/2 copper pipe to pex pipe plumbing fitting..The large end fits almost perfectly over the DLE muffler although I did polish a bit with my dremel..I silver soldered the small end shut and drilled a bunch of 1/8 inch holes in the end of the fitting... Yes the walker cowl completly covers the DLE 20 including the muffler although the very end of the exhaust pipe sticks out..The stinger too of course..I just call it a stinger for lack of a better name..We used to call them stingers on our dirt bikes...I tried up loading a pic but I dont see it here..Maby it will show up..If not I will get my wife to do it when she gets home..She is better at this than me..The stinger dropped the sound 4 decibels with out a noticible loss in power..I did not tack the motor but I did use a decimeter...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[img]005[/img] I have no idea if thats it or not Even how to look at..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig12416.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	1649241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40799.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	1649242  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well now I can see it so mabe I have been succesfull afterall..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info and pics, bikerbc. I didn't get your PM. The stinger looks easy can do and will keep in mind if my DLE20 doesn't pass my club's sound level check.
    Bidwin