Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Looking for light, 40ish sized plane similar to a Sig Somethin' Extra for electric.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
HighPlains

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Looking for light, 40ish sized plane similar to a Sig Somethin' Extra for electric.

The Pulse does fly quite well for an ARF.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 AM
jaka

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Looking for light, 40ish sized plane similar to a Sig Somethin' Extra for electric.

Hi!
One of the best low winged sport plane today is the Kyosho Calmato Sports!

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=101458

Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Ken Kehlet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

I did the Product Review on the SIG LT 25 for Radio Control Modeler Magazine a few years ago. It never got published because RCM went out of production. I still have the article that I wrote, and here are a few photos. Super trainer, I taught several modelers how to fly using that airplane.

Great Flying airplane - Very light build, I flew mine with a Saito .30 four stroke and it did just fine.

But if you prefer a BARF, the Pulse is a Great Flying model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28676.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1742388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87645.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1742389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46365.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1742390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv61683.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1742391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv15380.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1742392  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM
N1EDM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Ken,

Was that LT-25 article ever published anywhere else? I have an LT-25 kit and would be interested in other folks opinions, not to sidetrack this thread.

Bob
Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 PM
brickwoodward

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the LT series are GREAT trainers!!!! and with a couple of mods, are GREAT fun fly and play around airplanes!!!! by all means, build away and have a great time!!! i flatened the wing some, added aileron, elevator and rudder size and overpowered it a lot......then it became a trainer, funfly and school yard demo machine!!!! i tried to up load a pic, but the file type wasn't supported.....

if you'd like to see it, pm me and i'll send a pic....

take care, bill

Old 03-25-2012, 05:04 PM
N1EDM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've had a ton of LT-40's but this would be the first LT-25. It's probably going to go on back burner till next year anyway. But you're right, cut down the dihedral a little bit and it's a great sport plane and they're fun to build. I'm going to try to start my 5th LT-40 but it's going to be unrecognizingly kitbashed.

Ken, is your LT-25 Review article available for reading? Sorry that it didn't get published in RCM. It's been almost 7 years now, and I still miss that magazine. Not trying to get off the original thread....

Bob

Search this Thread