Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

alltimant 300

hi fellow flyers, one quick question. i have a carl goldberg altimant 10-300 biplane, and i need to know if i can use a 20cc gas engine on this plane. i have a 1.20 4-stroke on it now. i woulld like to change over to gas if i could. i thought it might be too nose heavy. any ideas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: alltimant 300

Any of the current 20cc gas engines will power your Goldberg Ultimate bipe quite well, and you should be able to shift stuff around if necessary to get the CG within the rcommended range.

Karol
    When inverted always remember that down is up and visa versa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank you karol for the feedback. that's what i will do then. sell all nitro stuff and go gas. i'm more into flying helicopters. thanks again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome to the world of gas engines, as somewhat like you after experiencing the joys of my first gas model the couple remaining glow models I have now spend most of their time hanging for the wall in my workshop. Switching to gas offers far less fiddling with needles, is lots cleaner to operate and loads cheaper. I'm pretty sure you will enjoy flying gas.

Karol
    When inverted always remember that down is up and visa versa