Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

seagull yak 54 63"

Can anyone help me with this problem..i have a yak 54 by seagull with a 26cc crrc gas.....there is a prob with the CG from what i here
    it is wrong in the hand book, it says from the tip 7 to 8 cm..I here this is wrong and makes it tail heavy..then i here its 5.5 inch from leading edge then i here its 7 to 8 cm from leading edge near the fuzz..
    which looks far too near the leading edge, i dont wanna get this wrong for her first flight i need the correct CG for it..some threads say it dont fly if its on or near the alloy tube which is where i would have guessed
    it would have been..also it has a 20oz tank, do i CG with it full half or empty hope you can help many thnx

RE: seagull yak 54 63

On mine, I fly it balanced just aft of the wing tube. I have also flown it balanced just ahead of the tube, and the aft position is much better. Balance it with an empty tank. 20 oz tank is much bigger than makes sense for a 26cc engine. Your engine will consume approximately .88 oz/minute at full throttle. 20oz tank will provide 22.75 minutes full throttle, you will be hauling unneccessary cargo most of the time for your duration flight, and you will see a great shift in CG as the 20oz of fuel burns off. Unless you are doing some sort of marathon with an aerobatic plane I can't think of any reason to be carrying that much fuel. A 12 oz tank will give you around 13.5 minutes full throttle run. If you do not fly full throttle all the time, the actual flight time will be much greater.

There is so much BS regarding the balance point on this model. It's not that complcated.

It is a really great flying plane, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Have fun!
    Sometimes, things are exactly as they appear to be.

RE: seagull yak 54 63

thnx for that yes changed it for a 12oz..lol i will give it ago..its just that there so much crap going about this yak with lots of diff ideas but thnx again