Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hangar 9 Piper Cub 40

Would like to know if it is worth the trouble to clip the wings of the H-9 Cub or just spend the money and get a TWMClipped Wing Cub 1/5. No one I know has ever clipped the wings of a cub. I'm looking at weight also, as I want it to fly light and both the H-9 and the TWM 1/5 are close to being the same weight. Thanks. TJ
    Old School Power..If a little bit is good.. a whole bunch is better..and to much still ain\'\'t enough!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hangar 9 Piper Cub 40

The problem as I see it comes from the scale wing strut system is set up for the full length version. The struts are made from metal and the ARF has built in wing attach points. You would have to cut and reweld the struts and redo the wing's attach points which I am not sure would be on or near a "closer-in" rib. You can't ignore redoing the struts because they are essential to support the wing. A lot of work!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hangar 9 Piper Cub 40

Wow,sounds like a lot of hassle. I wish I had access to both planes with no covering. I've can't seem to find a TWM 1/5 scale anywhere.Therein lies the problem. Thanks GarySS for the heads up. I'd never considered the wing support.
    Old School Power..If a little bit is good.. a whole bunch is better..and to much still ain\'\'t enough!