Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Big Stik .60 w Saito .82 VIDEO

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Big Stik .60 w Saito .82 VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
rktman56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Stik .60 w Saito .82 VIDEO

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share this. As we who live in the northern US, the winters are long, cold and with lots of snow. Some of us are very lucky so far this winter, but we so often don't fly in the winter as much as we do in the summer. Frustration often sets in when we can't get out and fly as much as we would like because of the winter. This leaves most of us to dream about the summer of flying to come. This fact formed the key inspiration for the latest video that I posted to YouTube:

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCmVWo5NwV4]Big Stik .60 Flying Video[/link]

As the video opens, Ray is seen with his yellow flying hat. He walks in and then looks out the window at the snow, his attention is taken by his wife. Quickly hiding his yellow flying hat, he stands there as she tells him things to do as she is in town. Frustrated with not being able to fly and with a "list" of stuff to do from his wife, he handles this in the R/C pilot kind of way, he falls asleep and dreams about flying! All is well until the wife comes home and finds Ray asleep having done nothing... then she realizes as she sees the yellow flying cap that he had been dreaming of flying "those" airplanes again!

The flying sequences in this video were shot at the [link=http://wwww.minotaircraftmodelers.org/index.html]Minot Aircraft Modelers[/link] flying field (Minot, ND) on the July 9th and the 1st of October.

www.minotaircraftmodelers.org

Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM
ratshooter

Default RE: Big Stik .60 w Saito .82 VIDEO

Nice video and excellent flying. Nice and smooth. He just almost bought the farm on that one dive. And thats why "Stiks" will never die.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 AM
rktman56

You can see in the video how much fun Ray was having. There are times I do wish that I had not sold it to him, then think of getting another! Ray wasn't as high as he should have been when he started his 2nd down line. I don't know why he wanted to add the thrid roll, but we are sure the hit the wheat growing in the field. Glad you liked it... Up here we have just about 82 days until we should be able to get out to the flying field. Not that I'm counting the days!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM
cmgtech1

Just found this video. Great job on the story line as well as capturing some great flying. I think there's more than just a little bit of "Ray" in all pilots! Thanks for posting!