Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

classic pattern primer August 11, 2012... NEW INFO ADDED FOR SUNDAY 12TH

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

classic pattern primer August 11, 2012... NEW INFO ADDED FOR SUNDAY 12TH

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:47 PM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default classic pattern primer August 11, 2012... NEW INFO ADDED FOR SUNDAY 12TH

At the River City Radio Control field in Mason City, Iowa. Here is a link to the site on Google Maps

So what is this post doing here? We want to have some FUN

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e....2536111111111

Our field is located on the grounds of the North Iowa events Center (formally the North Iowa Fair Grounds) Just east of the race track, north of the Target store off Hwy 122. Camping available at the Events Center as well as other sites nearby. Lodging and restaurants near by also. See here.

http://www.visitmasoncityiowa.com/html/lodging.htm

Camping at the Events center is $20 per night including electricity. $15 per night with out. From what I've been seeing that is a pretty reasonable rate.

OK, down to the "rules"

ANY airplane can fly in this event. We request the wingspan to be under 72 ish inches with a .60 two stroke. (allowance made for four strokes) With that said you won't be turned away if your only plane is a bit larger. We are looking to have some fun here and learn something. If you are flying a classic pattern plane and have a pipe and retracts.... well, what can I say except, have at it!! If all you have is a high wing trainer, get out to the field and learn some acrobatics, It will improve your flying skills.

We want to have some fun here and learn a thing or two. No pressure to do anything beyond your skill level, though we hope you push your comfort level a bit Did I mention we want to have a bit of fun here

As far as entry fees go, no decision has been made but if we decide to have an fee it will be minimal, just to help cover some minor costs. The idea here is to introduce classic pattern at a minimal cost. Just come out and have some fun...... Oh, I said that already

Please post here if you think you can make it. We are looking for a rough head count to make decisions on some other things to do along with the primer.

We may have a theme on Sunday the 12th, like a "War Birds" or "Biplanes" or something like that. Of course ANY other type is welcome to fly. It's just an excuse to drag those not flown much birds and dust off the cob webs.

Flying on Saturday will commence at 10 AM till dark unless you bring a night flyer along. (HINT) Sunday's hours are 10 AM till 5-ishPM if you decide to stay for any of Sundays activities.

I'll edit this post with info as it becomes available so check back once in a while.

SUNDAY THE 12th INFO
As mentioned there was talk of a "theme" fly on Sunday the 12th. After much discussion it was decided to have a "Bipes, Warbirds and Classic" theme. As I said before if you do not have one of these planes, bring out what you have and fly the wings off of it. The theme is just an excuse to drag out those dusty, crusty birds and let them stretch their legs a bit.

Hope to see you there

Ken

Almost forgot... Here is the current pattern we will fly at our event. We will concentrate on Novice and Sportsman classes. If you have the skills to fly Advanced or Masters, go for it!

THANK YOU

Ken
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ki20721.pdf (23.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: classic pattern primer August 11, 2012... NEW INFO ADDED FOR SUNDAY 12TH

BUMP with new info