Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parkzone Ultra Micro Rtf and Bnf

I have recently been given one of the parkzon ultra micro airplanes in the Rtf version.
    Would it be possible for me to bind the rtf version to my trusty Dx6i?

The gift came from family visiting out of state so returning the plane isnt really an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zeldinio
    If God is your co-pilot, you are in the wrong seat.

Prov 3:5,6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Parkzone Ultra Micro Rtf and Bnf

I believe that you can. With my micros, they tell you to insure that you have the transmitter on when you connect the battery to the plane so you don't risk someone else binding to your plane. So, I think this is what you need to do.

1. Select an open model memory in your Tx. Then, turn it off.
    2. Connect the battery in your plane. There should be an LED on the receiver/servo board that starts blinking.
    3. Depress the "bind" button on your Tx.
    4. Power-up your Tx. Wait for the receiver LED to go solid. You then should be bound.
    Never underestimate the importance of altitude...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might want to put in some detail about the plane, wing type servos etc and add some DR and expo to suit and then bind!

But yes it will absolutely work.
    I permanently need just one more Plane.....I think's it's a mild obsession!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Zeldinio

I have recently been given one of the parkzon ultra micro airplanes in the Rtf version.
    Would it be possible for me to bind the rtf version to my trusty Dx6i?

The gift came from family visiting out of state so returning the plane isnt really an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zeldinio

Yes... very possible, not only that.. they design them with that totally in mind. If I'm not mistaken, all the ParkZone BNF planes are compatible with any and all Spektrum radio systems. Its actually a good marketing tool.. as you can buy the plane RTF... get hooked on it.. decide you want a bigger more sophisticated radio.. upgrade your radio.. Then with an upgraded radio you have more room for BNF planes.. Before you know it.. you have a room full.... and wonder where they all came from.. and realize your sick.. but aren't we all here. .. Enjoy your plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, I have a T-28 and Corsair, along with a few of the mini helis all bound to my DX8.  Any Spektrum RX plane can be bound to any DX radio, provided they are of the recent DSM type, like DSM2 and DSMx. There are a couple older planes out there, no longer sold that I am aware of, unless old stock, that wont work with the newer TX though.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For sure. I've bound my Ember 2, Sukhoi SU26-xp, and UMX Sbach 342 to my DX6i. It's simple, as an earlier post outlined:

1. Select an empty slot on your TX
    2. Program in the name of the model
    3. Power up the RX on the model first (unlike what you're used to)... it'll flash its LED rapidly
    4. Hold the DX6i's trainer switch and turn it on. After a few seconds (maybe up to 8 or 9 - stand a few feet away), the LED on the plane's RX will stop flashing and beep. You're good to go!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A friend gave me his hobbyzone micro champ to mess with in the front yard for a few days and my dx6i bound to that with no issues as well.

The hobbyzone instructions say to power up the receiver only the first time during the bind process... after that is xmitter on first and off last as normal.
    Mike -
    I was born a pilot... 100 years to late.