Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Gas engines for smaller planes

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Gas engines for smaller planes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:07 AM
crooked stripe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas engines for smaller planes

First all I am new to this forum in that all I have done was read. Second, Ihope Iposted this in the right place. If not forgive me. I have a 91 Magnum I had in a 60 size Revolver by Great Planes. The motor gives me nothing but trouble as far as running go's. I have had many folks try to fix it but to no avail. I was thinking of putting a gas engine in it. What size engine do I need and could someone suggest a motor that won't break the bank. I am not a 3-D flyer nor am I one for speed. I just like to fly. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gas engines for smaller planes

I think there is a Revolver thread in the ARF forum that might provide more attention to your question. IIRC, there has been some discussion there about 20cc gas engines fitted to .60 size Revolvers.

Best of luck.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the GP Revolver 70 thread in the ARF/RTF forum:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9143970/tm.htm

It has an extensive discussion of installing a DLE 20 in the Revolver.

BTW, I had a Magnum 91 in my first Revolver. It performed flawlessly.

Bruce
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
crooked stripe

Thanks for the info. I just bought a 20 DLE to put into the Revolver. I hope the thread go's into some detail on info for a gaser. This is my first gaser and I have no idea where to start. The instructions are half Japanese and half English. Nothing about batteries, switches, layout for EI system and the only thing I did find is mixture and adjustment screws. I will do some searching to find out what I need but figured there would be something in the instructions. I was surprised with the 2 hour break in time at 4500 rpm. Thanks again for the reply. John
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 AM
motoman11
My Feedback: (3)

I have a Saito 100 on my Revolver 70'' pulls it around real nice i have a extra 300 with a Magnum 70 and it dosent run like i think it should eather so maybe it the motor! Live and learn right