Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Redwing RC 30cc MXS-R

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Redwing RC 30cc MXS-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
justonebigkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redwing RC 30cc MXS-R

I've been flying RC planes for over 2 decades and recently had a hankering to get into a gasser. (Up till now my biggest plane is a Goldberg Ultimate with a Super Tigre 90 in it) I thought that those that might be wondering about doing the same thing might like to hear about my experience.

The first thing you notice when you decide to get into a gasser is that there is LOTS of choice out there. All sorts of styles and sizes etc. I spent ages looking at what's available. The first decision I made was to go for the 30cc size since this size seems to be a good introduction to gas and I wouldn't have the added expence of having to use a powerbox system to run the servo's. The next decision was the type of plane. I've always enjoyed aerobatics so it had to be something that would do that well and learning a bit of 3D would be a challenge too. So it looked like it was going to end up being an Extra, or an Edge, or an Sbach, or..... you know the list.

I'm in New Zealand so it didn't take long to have a look at our model shop websites and check out what was available. After that I searched the web, but the cost of freight was potentially a problem because the box would be fairly big. And that turned out to be so. On some web sites that automatically calculate the freight I would do the sums and it would work out way too expensive.

But then I came across Redwing RC. I ended up buying a 30cc MXS-R and the complete kit of motor (PTE36) and servos and I'm extremely happy with it. I don't know how Tim at Redwing RC did such a reasonable freight cost but it made it worth my while. And the plane is fantastic! Believe it or not this is my first ARF and the finish is superb. I can't get over the finish on the cowl and spats. And the canopy is the best I've ever seen. PLUS, it flys like you wouldn't believe. It's so true, bigger is better. My MXS-R is much easier to fly and land than any other plane I've got, and I've got a few!

If you are thinking about getting into a gasser I can thoroughly recommend both Redwing RC and their 30cc MXS-R. Tim gave me excellent service and the plane is awesome. Right now I'm waiting for a custom made muffler for the PTE36 that's coming from JTEC. If that does what they say it will then it'll be even nicer to fly being a bit quieter.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
fly24-7

Default RE: Redwing RC 30cc MXS-R

I have a friend building two of them with OS 33 GT engines. I look forward to see how they fly this spring.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
justonebigkid

You friend will be impressed.  Knowing OS I'm sure the 33 GT is a great engine and will be perfect for the MXS-R.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

I've got the same plane with a DLE 35, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

My latest video....needs some fine tuning before I get it lower. The VVRC 40 twin is new and just changed over to the DX-9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yCCMxEri8