Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Four Play is not a dirty word!

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Four Play is not a dirty word!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:11 AM
matt13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Four Play is not a dirty word!

I have just been offered a chance to buy a new in box OS 20FS. After parting with a few dollars and spending some time going over a few of the magizine articles that I have saved over the years of modelling, I found a nice looking little model that was designed for this very engine when it first came out, the four play! It was in the june1988 copy of Flying Models and was desinged by Dick Sarpolus and is scaled down from an earlier model called the Four Runner (40 sized ). Have just finised the two built up wing panels and am about to start on the fueslarge. Has anyone built one of these little models out there?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98658.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	446623  
Old 05-14-2006, 07:50 AM
matt13

Default RE: Four Play is not a dirty word!

I have been slack in the building department due to the usual reasons, work, starting another model at the same time etc. Will try to keep on untill I'm finished so I intend to use this post as a self motivator so to speak. Anyhow, here is where the project is so far with the finished wing panels and the start of the fueslarge. Matt

Name:	Da83634.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	461104  
Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 PM
donkey doctor

Hello Matt; Looking good, I am building an Ace 4 20 right now in case I crash my Pixie bipe and have an extra Surpass 26 available. I prefer low wing planes and probably would have gone for the four play if I had known about it. The Ace 4 20 was designed with the OS 20 four stroke in mind.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
matt13

Would like to see a photo of your Ace 4 20, sounds interesting. I spent this mourning framing the fuselarge and joining the wing halfs. The fueslarge looks lost in my jig, but it is still worth using even on such a small model like this. The firewall will not be glued in untill I have drill the holes through F2 into the wing for the wing dowel location. Matt

Name:	Qo39614.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	462204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57435.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	462205  
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 AM
matt13

This project stalled big time with a move and a change to electric flying.
I uncovered the airframe while looking for some thing else, and apart from a lot of dust, it has faired well, so the dust will be blown off and work will start again but with an electric motor as I have sold the four stroke.

Matt 13