Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

RC chat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:15 PM
bigheaded5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC chat?

RC chat? is there such a thing? Im back to the hobby after 7 years away....would like to find a real time chat room to ask questions and learn the new electric magic...its like EVERYTHING has changed.

Does any one CHAT on YAHOO?

[email protected]

Eddie
Old 02-24-2013, 03:35 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: RC chat?

Welcome back to the greatest hobby ever. My advice is read everything you can lay your hands on and if possible join a flying group with your interests as one of their main focus. Feel free to ask a million and one questions on the forums as there are lots of knowledgable help available who will gladly assist you.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not aware of any chats available... RCGroups, RCUniverse and RCScalebuiler are my staple of sites. The information and knoweledge available is excellent.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Just do some Google, Yahoo, and any and every kind of search you can find. I've found these forums are just about as helpful, if not moreso.. as chats are carried all day via postings/threads.

As these "forums" are layed out.. you can pick and choose your topic, you can definately search your topic(within a forum, or site-wide, as well as member searches).. I suggest and encourage just reading and studying what ever your questions are, as they come up... and/or simply taking time to become familiar with these types of message-board sites. There's many many sites with this format ... for all sorts of hobbies/past-times/obsessions/etc.. These forums and sites have somewhat become a "go too" for alot of us.. and many hobby-relationships develop over the years.. theres some folks I've been reading well over 10yrs.. and getting some great info and instruction by following build-threads, product info, etc.. and just reading and interacting about others experience... not only that.. its like reading a new model magazine every day.. and alot of times.. in the threads.. its like just hanging out at the flying field..

How much chat you looking for?? haha.. Just post your stuff.. sit back with a cup of coffee and bottle of glue.. do some work on a plane... come back and check it out every 1/2hr or so.. or whatever....

And... look at that... we just chatted. Whatchyaknow!..
Old 02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
DGrant

PS... I do see that you're rather new on this site.. and probably to message boards... so.. I can say.. this is like chat in many ways.. only you don't have to sit glued to a keyboard.. It'll just take you a bit of time to be able to navigate the site.... Really though nothing's changed too much in the way of message board sites.. We've had these for 15yrs.. I know this ones been here since 2001.. I was a moderator for 3yrs when it came online... Before this was RCOnline(long gone).. and RCGroups(another great site still going strong)... thats been around since the '90's.... The innovations in modeling have changed much more drastically then these sites... and even back then I don't recall any "chats".. other then a few rogue groupss on Yahoo.. So I say just keep reading.. do some searches and learn how the search engine works.. thats your best friend.. and that will lead you to any info you might require. Welcome back to RC.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 AM
bigheaded5

you know, this to me is POSTING....chatting is texting back and forth REALTIME....and things come up when you chat. One question leads to an answer which might open up to another question or another topic all together. Its not as good as standing around in the pits and talking, but atleast I can have a beer HERE when I chat

i on YAHOO often and figured there must be other flyers who are there also.

Ed

[email protected]
Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 PM
DGrant

Technically of course this is posting. With as big as the internet is.. and RC itself, it does stand to reason there are real-time chat rooms going all the time. I wish you well in finding them.. I remember years ago there were a few groups on Yahoo that developed.. but I haven't seen anything in RC chat in years.. whereas I have seen the message-boards going crazy... not just for RC either. I do hope you can find what you're looking for.. there's got to be something out there.. Many of us users use many different message boards... and go through spurts on how/when we use each one... so it is harder to get a real time answer to a given issue.. and sometimes theres days of no responses(probably in this case too)... and sometimes there no response at all.. and that can be discouraging too.. So hang in there.. keep looking around.. keep posting.. and you'll find it soon. Take care.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 AM
bigheaded5

Ok...lets try THIS.... I started an R/C chat room \

Chatzy.com/52020388367468

Eddie