Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Argh! What should I get???

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Argh! What should I get???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
GeeBeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh! What should I get???

I want a new plane but I have can't decide what to get. I have been clicking around on the internet, reading forum threads, watching youtube videos etc... and I desperatly want your help!

I want that Evolution 10cc motor. I REALLY want it haha

I want a plane that will fly with pattern plane like performance (Tracking & Speed) with that Evolution 10cc motor that is a reasonably priced ARF... like maybe $250 - $300 range.

I thought about the Ultrasport 60 but don't want to build a kit at this time... I want fast, big aerobatics, like you would expect to see at an airshow. I'm not interested in 3D because my mind doesn't process information fast enough to keep the airframe intact when doing that Any suggestions?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 AM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Argh! What should I get???

Why not get that engine with the new H9 Meridian, designed for each other? I am willing to try that plane. Looks like it flies well on the vid and to me it just looks very cool. Not sure if it would be FAST, but it looks fast enough for big and smooth aerobatics. Jon
Old 03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: maukaonyx

Why not get that engine with the new H9 Meridian, designed for each other? I am willing to try that plane. Looks like it flies well on the vid and to me it just looks very cool. Not sure if it would be FAST, but it looks fast enough for big and smooth aerobatics. Jon
+1 It's a nice plane designed for it.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both as soon as they were released and still waiting for good weather to maiden it(didn't want to put skis on it)....maybe this weekend! The Meridian has a big wing so it should be a bit of a floater and I imagine it will perform similar to a Pulse. Should be an aerobatic sport flier but should be a beauty on landings especially with the flaps. It's made well for an arf and no modifications or additional parts are needed to fit the 10cc engine with the exception of a muffler header extension to properly clear the cowl.