Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Mixing ailerons to rudder?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Mixing ailerons to rudder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 AM
cherokemike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mixing ailerons to rudder?

I have read some information on this subject. Is it advisable to mix some rudder to aileron for getting nice straight rolls? Would this then apply to almost every plane out there then to get a nice roll? Or is there some adverse effects also? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

The adjustment we use to get axial rolls is aileron differential and practice. Adding a rudder mix is not the correct way to fix adverse yaw on an aerobatic model
Old 08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not many planes will do nice axial roles .... just not in their makeup based on the design.. a cub for example.. or really any high wing plane will struggle mightily with an axial roll. Don't start mixing the rudder.... for you'll never know how to use it properly when you need it as in a cross wind landing... just my opinion...
Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
The answer is NO!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:12 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mixing rudder to ailerons prevents the tail from dropping to the inside of a turn. But only when you are right side up. When you are inverted it works backward. So your roll might be nice and linear for the first 180 degrees but it would look terrible for the second half.

Jim