Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Model Tech Joss Stik 1.08 - 25cc gas engine?????

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Model Tech Joss Stik 1.08 - 25cc gas engine?????

Old 01-26-2014, 06:37 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Tech Joss Stik 1.08 - 25cc gas engine?????

This kit recommends a .90 two stroke to a 1.60 four stroke. I have a 25cc weedeater engine that needs a home. Would this engine be to heavy for this plane? I have seen one with a saito 180 and it flew great. It has over six square feet of wing area and a 68" wingspan. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:52 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My first thoughts are : Go with it! Sounds like a fun combo.....I had one of those Joss Stik's before and loved it..........flew with Magnum 1.08.....lot of fun!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:16 PM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Originally Posted by tailskid
My first thoughts are : Go with it! Sounds like a fun combo.....I had one of those Joss Stik's before and loved it..........flew with Magnum 1.08.....lot of fun!
Was yours the ARC version? Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 07:25 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No, ARF.....about 15 years ago.....did a product review for "RCReport" of this one.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Jason Gross

Hi! (Whoo first post!!) I have a GP Big Stik 60 that's fairly similar to the Joss, In fact that's what I thought it was when I first looked at it because it was built as a tail dragger. When I got it there was a rcs 140 hanging off the nose. I never flew it with that engine but that's only because I can't get it to start, I think it would have been awesome! One thing to consider is achieving CG. My plane has the servos for the tail feathers mounted at the tail and it had 3oz of lead under the stab. I'd say that it all comes down to weight, the Stik type planes are pretty forgiving of power selection either high or low. I pulled the 140 (22cc) off mine and now fly it with an old os 70 four stroke and it's still a blast even having to bolt everything and the kitchen sink to the nose to overcome the tail mounted servos weight.