Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Great planes escapade .40 arf

Hi Guys, havent flown in about 10 years, before that i flew for about 12 years, sport, areobatic planes in th .40 range. I am getting back into the sport again and was wondering what the thoughts were on this aircraft. I was thinking of putting a .40 2 stroke and train off it by turning the rates and throttle down. I learned to fly off a Sig 4 star 40. Any help would be appreciated thanks!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have been flying the Escapade 40 for 5 years and I love it. It is fast and very responsive in the air and tends to land fast. If you buddy box with an experienced pilot to get your air legs back it might work but it is not a trainer.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I took 5 yrs off and this was my first glow plane after coming back. I recommend it under the conditions you cite. I lost one already, but that was my fault. I tried flying a full circuit inverted and lost perspective when it got too far out. I now have a second and love it. I am using the OS46 AX.
    Will add something clever and witty if I ever come up with something.

Ive been looking at the pulse xt 40 because of the bigger wing area with a 40 on it. Would that be a better choice?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sorry, I can't answer regarding the XT40, as I only have the Pulse 125. In fact, I just got it off the bench today and haven't even flown it yet. I picked up one when a local hobby shop closed. If you read the Pulse Brotherhood thread in the Sport Flying forum, there is a lot of info there.
    Last edited by hookedonrc; 03-30-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Will add something clever and witty if I ever come up with something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I would say the Pulse is easier to fly although the Escapade is not all that difficult.. Just a bit faster .
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    We have one that is 6 or 7 years old. It's a great flying airplane and the OS 46FX is perfect for it. Loops are plenty big and rolls are exceptional. I love this plane! I would reccomend gluing the tail in place in addition to the reccomended installation. Also you might consider uprgrading the fuel tank. Ours leaked badly at the stopper one day about two years after we got it.

Rick H.