Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

leaky super tiger

I have a new super tiger gs-.40 (ringed), breaking in on red max 15% nitro16% synthetic,40% caster . The engine is ok but the head leaks,I would hate to just set the engine aside and go to something else.What would some of u guys do to try to fix the problem?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I have never seen an engine leaking from the head. Usually it is a leak elsewhere and the fuel accumulates on the head. Can you give a little more info? The other thing is I personally won't run any fuel with less then 18% oil and I prefer 20%.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by aggieman View Post
    I have a new super tiger gs-.40 (ringed), breaking in on red max 15% nitro16% synthetic,40% caster . The engine is ok but the head leaks,I would hate to just set the engine aside and go to something else.What would some of u guys do to try to fix the problem?
    Have you taken the head off to see if there are any manufacturing burrs that are keeping it from seating completely? I have seen that before on some engines where the head is a low clearance fit. All it takes is a bit of binding and you will see bubbles.
    Tiger Flyer #49

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sometimes the finned heads warp a bit. It should be under warranty if they are still in business. It could be lapped out and carefully cleaned if it isn't too far off. Any scratch or dimple from a piece of dirt on the surfaces could leak. I sometimes use castor oil on the mating surfaces and found that it seals a bit better, other people find the opposite true. 400 sandpaper on a piece of glass and some careful twists can flatten the top of the liner before lapping the head.