Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

no more prop jets?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

no more prop jets?

Old 03-30-2015, 06:07 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no more prop jets?

I have notices that prop jets almost disappeared form the market. With EDFs and turbine models, it seems like no one wants them anymore, but then people pay lots of $ on swap meets and on e-Bay.
I love my DC F20 tiger shark with an OS 46 FX and my Richmodels Keecat (electric pusher), also have one of the last DC F18 still in the box.

These are lots of fun to fly and I think people would still buy them.
Just my opinion and I hope someone can agree and we'll be heard....
Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 AM
308jockey

I have an old (25 years at least) Double Eagle in my boneyard. I intend to restore it at some point but it's not at the top of the list.

Rick H.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:02 PM
mustangman177

Great Planes needs t.o bring back the patriot in kit form
Old 04-06-2015, 06:17 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love flying my prop jets. I have a Great Planes F-14 and F-15 that I am flying and I am building an F-4 as we speak. I just finished a Direct Connection F-18 that I am waiting until the end of the month to maiden at a contest. Direct Connection was bought by someone else and the F-18 is still available so if the one that I built fly's well, I will pick up another one. I also have a Great Planes Lear Jet that I am working on. I discovered that when the kit was put together, they put 4 lefts or 4 rights in the kit for the jet engines. They do not have any at Great Planes so I will have to come up with a plan B for the engines. I wish they would come back, but it is not going to happen. The electric ARF world has taken over.....Dave
Old 04-06-2015, 06:37 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Direct Connections was continued by Juno, the website is probably still up, but the guy told me 2 years ago that he would not make any kits anymore.
I could convince him to send me one...
What engine do you put on yours?
I have a K&B .65 sportster sitting on the shelf, not sure if that's fast enough...