Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Tiger 2 CofG Question

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Tiger 2 CofG Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Flysfloats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tiger 2 CofG Question

I have an old Tiger 2, 60" wingspan that I built a number of years ago in Baja, Mexico and recently brought it back to the states. I had to do some engine work due to inactivity and the engine was slightly "seized". I have taken care of that problem and the engine now runs fine. While switching over from a 72 mghz radio to a newer 2.5 ghz receiver, I have had to switch receiver and the onboard battery.

My question is can somebody tell me how far back from the wing's leading edge the C of G should be?? I have Googled this question and can not find an accurate measurement.

Thank you in Advance. Flysfloats
Old 06-13-2015, 06:54 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I balanced mine on the main spar and it flew very well.

Buzz.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Flysfloats

Thanks for the reply. I also found a suggestion to use the chord width divided by 3 as the distance back from the leading edge. Will try this tomorrow, watching UFC now.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

3 1/2 to 4 and 5/8 from the leading edge at the fuselage sides. You can bring up the Tiger 2 on the Tower Hobbies web site and get all the tech info on the plane. Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Flysfloats

David: Thank you for the info, exactly what I was hoping to get. I should be able to put the Tiger 2 back into the air later this week as I recover from a fractured fibula, grrrrr. Later, FF
Old 06-20-2015, 08:37 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I flew mine many years before selling it with the CG back 38% back from the leading edge with no fuel. With the CG that far aft, I had to bend the main gear back so that it did not sit on its tail. (The gear mounting blocks are a bit too far forward on the Tiger 2 design.)

With a .35AX, the plane was lighter than most so I got away with that CG being quite far aft. Nice thing was that it would really slow up for landing with a beautiful nose high approach. Never had a problem with stalls or snaps unless I was intentionally doing snap rolls. Great flying plane.