Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Kraft .61 info

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Kraft .61 info

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 11:24 AM
JPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft .61 info

I hope this is the right place. I did not see a topic dedicated to strictly engines. I have an old Kraft .61 (pre-MECOA). Can anyone tell me the screw size and thread pitch for the muffler bolts? I have some 5-40 bolts that looking at them are too small. It is probably a 6-something. The bolts i have are too long and bottom out in the head. I need to get some shorter ones as my muffler vibrated off
while ground testing it. The engine seems to run great. If i could keep the muffler on it. Please help.
I can be reached quicker at [email protected]
Thanks in advance for the info. I can go to the local fastener supplier and get them cheaper than having to go thru MECOA. i have heard that mecoa is difficult to deal with and sometimes you never get your parts. Besides i can get the lengths i want.
Jack
Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cut the ones you have or put a spacer under the head . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 08-05-2015, 04:11 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a glow forum, if you need it in the future. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/
Old 08-06-2015, 03:31 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you think that the cap head screws are a 6 something they are more than likely
a 6-32, if you have a Hobby Shop near by check there, if not try a Tractor Supply Store
they usually have the smaller sizes in their bolt section. Most local bolt and nut stores will
have a size and thread gauge that can determine what size you have, but most have a
minimum charge that you can buy, $ 15 to $20 in most cases.

Bill D.