Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Did my first knife edge

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Did my first knife edge

Old 09-03-2018, 06:43 AM
Lee Taylor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Did my first knife edge

Yes it was on my sim. No I did not crash. Amazing how the performance changes when the main wing is a little less than vertical vrs a little past vertical

Lets take off and land quickly (sim Yak 1/4 scale)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oUfH1z3RJl8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-04-2018, 03:29 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep at it!
Old 09-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Lee Taylor

Its in my blood. Started building CL Kits when I was 12
Old 09-05-2018, 03:28 AM
ahicks

Then it's about time you got around to learning KE .....
Old 09-05-2018, 04:56 AM
Lee Taylor

For me there is no time clock. Modeling has always been part of my life. But it is strickly a hobby for me. I am not going to be getting into my coffin saying to myself, "I wish I had done more RC aerobatics". Its fun. I enjoy it. Just not a priority. I am definitely not the type that lives to inspire or impress others with my RC aerobatics.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:22 PM
ahicks

I get what you're saying. After over 50 years of modeling (including a 15 year break learning how to and flying full scale), I fly for my own entertainment as well. Love the challenge of learning a new maneuver, as much as doing one recently conquered. I just started thinking along the lines you are now way before you have. Realizing full well my 67 year old reflexes are way too slow for some of the stuff kids do, I'll likely go to my grave still trying to do a rolling harrier......
Old 09-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Lee Taylor

I am 66. My hobbies have always been used as a mental escape for me. I fully understand that everyone has a different psychological makeup and that is quite fine. We are just all very different. I suppose when I am alone and I working on a model I transcend back in time to a happy place
Old 09-12-2018, 03:23 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Taylor
I am 66. My hobbies have always been used as a mental escape for me. I fully understand that everyone has a different psychological makeup and that is quite fine. We are just all very different. I suppose when I am alone and I working on a model I transcend back in time to a happy place
Wow, your post sounds exactly like something I could have written as it mirrors my sentiments exactly.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Lee Taylor

I think maybe I am starting to like the simulator TOO much. When I crash, I push a button and within a blink of the eye I am climbing straight up again. When I hammer the ground I just push the reset button and away we go again. I am kinda liking that TOO much. It really makes me DREAD the field crash and the more dreaded rebuild. I am improving my flight skills significantly. The BIG difference is that many, many, more things go wrong in the field. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the simulator. I love it! NO regrets what so ever.