Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Lazy Bee control throws

Old 03-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Brian C

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lazy Bee control throws

Sure hope this is the right forum. I've got a cyberphobic friend who picked up a lazy bee special at a swap show and he needs to know what the recommended throws are for this bird.

Any help appreciated
TIA

Brian C
Old 03-15-2005, 01:33 AM
w8ye

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Lazy Bee control throws

You didn't say which one you had but this link should empower you to find whatever you need?

http://home.wanadoo.nl/lazybee/lazybee/lazybee-engl.htm

The Lazy Bees are sold exclusively through Global Hobby/Hobby People but they don't say much about it. Hobby People do not list but one down loadable manual. http://media.hobbypeople.net/manual/222206.pdf

This guy is the original designer. Be prepared to describe your plane size and set up to him. The ARF's are more associated with Hobby People than Andy Clancy but he would be a good person to help you?

Clancy Aviation
1116 North Westwood
Mesa, Arizona 85210
ANDYCLANCY@aol.com

Shop: 480-649-1534
Fax: 480-649-9040

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
imsofaman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok.....I like to use dual rates on my Bees. For the low rates....rudder = 3/4" each way, elevator the same. High rates.....rudder from 1 1/4" to the max....depending on how you like to stunt fly and the elevator the same. I also like to use some expo to soften the conrols a little.

Oh.....I just notice the "Special" in Lazy Bee Special....sorry! That has ailerons like the Speedy Bee. Low rate throws for the ailerons= 1" each way and for high rates=2" each way. Yes....I know it seems like a lot of travel....but that particular airfoil produces a lot of lift but also a lot of turbulence on the trailing edge. So....you need a lot of aileron to get a response. Hope that makes some sense to you.

Check out my page and contact me if you need more help.

[link=http://home.att.net/~imsofaman/dave_surace_rc_homepage.htm]Dave Surace CR Aviation Homepage[/link]
Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Medevack1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i agree with imsofaman mine is also set for dual rates a nice advantage when using a good radio.......

Search this Thread