Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

dear sig mfg

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

dear sig mfg

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 04:42 PM
kelldog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dear sig mfg

Steve I agree with you.All rcers are of the same thread.Please do read the start of the thread.NOTHING against jim, he is a GREAT attribute to our hobby.I always give compliments when they are due.Will walk a 100 miles to give it.Such as why I started with sig.Things do get out of contex over the internet.NEVER said,THIS is best,THIS is what I beleive you should do.Only wanted to get the point across that some kits are easy to build and sometimes take less time than a arf.THATS ONLY MY OPINION NOT FACT!!!WHY LESS TIME!Because if you learn or at least try to build they COULD be more durable.Last longer. Tell me it is not true guys a new flyer is not deemed to fly a arf.Never has a chance any more.Please,when you open up model airplane news,tell me what you see!When was the last time they reveiwed a kit?MFG supports where the money is.Gotta survive.Just think kits should not be wiped off the face of the earth.Choice IS GOOD!Will say a prayer tonight for that sick young man with a bad heart and his family. KELLDOG
Old 04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd love to see the Kommander back....with retracts....and a warbird paint scheme....

Jerry
Old 04-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Thanks, guys. I think Steve knows that sometimes we don't agree 100% on everything, but the exchanges always stayed objective and we don't take things too personal.

I enjoy coming to RCU for the camaraderie and the occasional rather heated discussions. These days, with BS sessions at the field far and in between for me, it is about the only way I get to talk RC. I apologize if anyone were offended by my comments.

BTW, what do you guys think of an all composite giant-scale Lancair IV or Lancair ES? Sized to be powered by the popular 50cc for sport flyers, and compact 80cc-100cc twins for the racers. My friend and I are thinking of producing them all FG fuse and wings, reinforced with carbon-fibre stips. We are think of offering them in the same style as the old Byron kits and/or painted ARFs.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:34 AM
livingalittle

The CG for the Rc35 Kougar is 1/2 inch back from the tip.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:38 AM
livingalittle

Actually, no tours are given due to the insurance company policy. No sooner had Sig Mfg given a tour, there was a break in. I am sure Sig would be happy to meet and greet with everyone when they host their annual Rc and Control line fly ins.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

I have my Sig kit about 75% completed and all i can say is WOW. How easy it was. But yeah I will say it is going to look awsome when i get it covered. Thanks Sig. You guys make great kits. I enjoy them alot.