Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Wanted - trashed Thunder Tiger Fun 51

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Wanted - trashed Thunder Tiger Fun 51

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 05:25 AM
AlphaWhisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted - trashed Thunder Tiger Fun 51

Some time ago we had a visit at our club from a guy from USA who had a Thunder Tiger fun 51 model. Although I`m not into ARf`s, I was quite impressed with the way this looked and performed, although not too fussed with some of the design and fabrication features/methods.

That apart, I checked out the availability until I learned the cost of importing one ex Tower to my door came in around $300 and then my enthusiasm took a dive.

Object of this mission is to try and find a trashed example which I might purchase for a matching price with view producing a scratchbuilt replica. I`m looking for the basics only here - maybe some fuselage bits, most of one wing and stab and fin bits to enable my production of a clone based on similar overall dimensions. I`m a scratchbuilder at heart and prepared to consider the most basic of scrap for this exercise.

Any takers.....?

Alan W

Old 09-30-2005, 06:12 AM
WCB

Default RE: Wanted - trashed Thunder Tiger Fun 51

The TT Fun 51 is a kit. Why don't you see if you can get a set of plans.
WCB
Old 09-30-2005, 01:43 PM
AlphaWhisky

I was under the impression that this model was an ARF. The rather sparse information I have been able to find on the TT website and others hasn`t done anything to dispel that. One website listed a few spare parts but no mention of plans.

I would be delighted if this model is produced as a kit and I could get my hands on a set of plans. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks,

Alan W
Old 09-30-2005, 09:18 PM
WCB

The Fun 51 is a Tower Hobbies kit. TT makes a plane called a Lazy Tiger P51. It is an ARF. The Fun 51 is a fun fly profile kit and the TT Lazy Tiger is a flat bottom airfoil slow flyer.
Sorry if I confused you earlier. I forgot that the Fun 51 is a Tower Hobbies plane.
Both can be found on the Tower Hobbies web site.

WCB
Old 09-30-2005, 10:36 PM
AlphaWhisky

Sorry, it looks like I got some of that wrong too.

The trashed one I`m looking for is the Thunder Tiger Lazy Tiger P-51 ARF currently advertised at Tower for $US 119.99. The one I saw went pretty good with a .40 up front.

If anyone can help please post a reply here, send a PM, or email me direct at [email protected]

Thanks,

Alan W