Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Mark's Models Bushwacker

Old 10-02-2005, 08:15 AM
GWILLIE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mark's Models Bushwacker

I tried to get help on the Glider Forum, but no help, so I'm trying here!

I am going nuts trying to find the original construction article for the Bushwacker. Can someone please tell me the magazine. month, and year in which it appeared?

I know the Windfree was in the June 1972 RCM. I thought the Bushwacker was also in RCM, but I can't find it.

I can remember reading the article, especially the part about the plywood muffler used on the K&B 15.

I know I can get plans from AMA Plans service, but I want the original article!

And OH yes, I might also be in the market for an original kit, not to collect, but to use.

Thanks for any help []
Old 10-02-2005, 05:02 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mark's Models Bushwacker

Wished I could help you. I have always liked the Bushwacker, tho I never owned one. I saw one at an auction a couple of years ago. I did a yahoo search and only found a reference to the wooden muffler article: See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142313

I know RCM would send along the contruction article with ordered plans if it appeared in RCM. But, with their quitting business, I don't know if that is now lost. The discussion on RCM's passing is lengthly and over in the "Club House" section.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 PM
tonystro
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I builtand flew a Bushwacker in 1978 and currently have an unbuilt kit. I am reasonably sure that I still have the article. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the kit box. I will have to look through several boxes and binders to see if I can find it, which could take a while. When/if I find it I will post a message.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:37 AM
fokker20planes

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too am a bushwhacker fan but I am positive it was not an RCM plan. If it was, I would have ordered a set and built one. You said you could get the plans from AMA so I have to assume it is an AMA design. I was not aware you could get the plans at all. I never ordered plans from AMA so I do not know if they send instructions with them. I know this does'nt help much, but good luck in finding instructions.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:38 AM
GWILLIE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your help guys! The post about the wooden muffler in June 1974 RCM was the key. I'm sure now that this is what made me think the Bushwacker was in RCM. I was more interested in the muffler at the time and that's what stuck in my mind.

AMA has distribution for the huge Pond collection, plus many others. The Bushwacker plans they have are republished from the KIT, I THINK!.

Thanks again!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:22 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have built and flown 3 Bushwackers over the years and have 1 still NIB...one of these days I hope to get to it.

The wood muffler worked great on my old OS .20 back in the 70's but not so good in more powerful engines (.25). It was quiet but with the .20 only lasted about 30 flights, the .25 tore it up in 3 flights. It just didn't hold together very well. I used Hobbypoxy (remember them?) and glass cloth but the side piece opposite the exhaust port always broke out.

I won't bother doing the wood muffler on the one I have. Actually, I want to blow the plans up to 3 meters span and scratch one out. Stick a .46 in it. I need to hit a Kinko's next time I'm near one.

Don
Old 10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW I just saw this thread and had to read it. I have a NIB Bushwacker in the basement just waiting for some extra time. I will be following this thread for as much info as possible. I also have an Enya .15 and .19 looking for homes as well as a Fox .25.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:40 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the kit building manual if you need it.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:01 AM
kiwi4
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Might you still have those plans and be able to send them to me.Ive been having plas scaned at theoffice type stores and can email them to save on cost.Dan
Old 05-26-2014, 07:55 AM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by kiwi4 View Post
Might you still have those plans and be able to send them to me.Ive been having plas scaned at theoffice type stores and can email them to save on cost.Dan
Hi Dan,

Are you asking if I can send some plans or the building manual to you? Are you asking if the plans/manual can be scanned and be emailed to you?

Don
Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 AM
kiwi4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was wondering if you still had the plans, and was able and willing to send them to me via email.Dan
Old 09-04-2014, 01:38 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just Posted on Outerzone
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5826
Old 09-13-2014, 03:40 AM
kiwi4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks I will get this cut for my next project,Kiwi4
Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 AM
buzzard bait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm curious about the force arrangement. It has a lot of wing incidence relative to the stab, which normally leads to using downtrim to keep it from climbing. However it also has a lot of downthrust relative to wing and stab, so that might control it. I would be interested in hearing from people who have flying experience with this model. Jim