Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Pete N' Pole back in action

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Pete N' Pole back in action

Old 06-11-2006, 11:13 PM
slick95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pete N' Pole back in action

After my midair with my neighbors Slow Poke, I finally got my Pete N' Pole back in the air. I had to reconstruct the entire fuselage and a few repairs to the wing. I was fortunate that the plane spun and fell very slowly to the ground. This meant minimal damage. Although I had to repair most the my saito .56, as it came off in the midair and landed on the concrete. Here are a few picks of her. The Cream and Blue is the first color scheme (September 19, 2002 - September 4, 2005). The Red and Cream was the next scheme before the crash, I just felt like changing the colors after a few years (September 18, 2005 - December 11, 2005). Now that it is finished the new scheme is the same basic red and cream with a different fuselage stripe and a red, white, and blue nose with stars (June 1, 2006 - present). Happy flyin' [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54514.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	476279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70807.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	476280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68953.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	476281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16633.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	476282  
Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Pete N' Pole back in action

Nice job repairing her!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 PM
greyfoxx

Nice! Does it fly as well after the crash as before? I have a couple of friends that have the 'Slow-Poke.' It appears that they fly a lot like a Cub, slow & slower, and do not handle wind, especially cross-winds very well at all. One of the models seems to be bit under powered. What kind of power are you using, and what are the flight characteristics? It looks to me like it would make a great nostalgia model. I've looked at the add for this thing in the Tower catalog for some timee now, but am a little leary.

greyfoxx

"Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, and the lesson sometime later!"
Old 06-18-2006, 08:47 PM
slick95

Thank you for the comments! I was surprised but it flies exactly the same after I rebuilt it. This is my neighbors Slow Poke that I mid-aired with, but I have a Slow Poke as well. The pictures of both the Slow Poke and Pete N' Poke, that Great Planes puts on the boxes and in magazines, do the models no justice AT ALL!! They are the BEST flying models I have ever had the privilege of flying. THEY ARE EXCELLENT and I highly recommend them. After the midair we built my neighbor a new Slow Poke and now we have two out at our field, and another one coming soon. I've had no problems in the cross-winds with the Slow Poke, but it's a little more challenging with the Pete N' Poke as it has a parasol wing. Both of the Slow Poke's have Saito .52's and have plenty of power. The Slow Poke is an excellent playin' around plane. It can fly fairly fast and changes directions quickly, but is not touchy on the controls. Both models require a lot of rudder-aileron mixing. My Pete N' Poke has a Saito .56 on it and has plenty of power. It performs very good energy managing aerobatics and is also fun to just mess around with. It has plenty of power to add a lot of extra items to it, such as plastic bombs, etc. Bot types of models have EXCELLENT slow speed characteristics. At they both seem to fly on rails tracking perfectly the entire flight, from takeoff to landing. They are both VERY easy to land. I DO NOT think you will be disappointed with either the Slow Poke or Pete N' Poke. I think you should buy either aircraft as they are both excellent choices and are easy to build. Like I said earlier the pictures do not do either model any justice, as they are very poor quality and make the models look bad. I hope this helps Greyfox!