Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Best Way To Remove Fuel From Tank Leak??

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Best Way To Remove Fuel From Tank Leak??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:04 AM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Way To Remove Fuel From Tank Leak??

Had a tank crack and fill the fuse with fuel what a mess--cleaned the radio--had this happened years back and tried all types of things nothing really got all the fuel out--went to the auto parts store to get some starting fluid the either removes oil out of metal if you have to weld--saw the CRC brake cleaner spray says removes grease and oil drys clean--WOW removed every spec of oil and dried clean--did not touch the Monokote edge--after sitting out side for an hour to clear the fumes I ran a tissue inside to see if any oil could be picked up Nothing-perfect cleaning job --now to coat the inside with some epoxy I guess we get lazy as the years go by????????
Old 08-13-2006, 07:13 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best Way To Remove Fuel From Tank Leak??

What brand of tank was it that cracked?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best Way To Remove Fuel From Tank Leak??

KR2 spot remover will absorb the oil to the point that you can reglue balsa. It is available at Wally World.