Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Phoenix SU-31 wing area??

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Phoenix SU-31 wing area??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Pilots12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix SU-31 wing area??

Can any one tell me the wing area of the Su31 from Phoenix? I just finished mine and have a 61 on it and had to put 6oz on the tail to balance it out, now its close to 7.3lbs dry. I've read that normal flying weight is 6lbs, and it lands hot with that. I'm trying to figure out the wing loading but cant find the wing area anywhere.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Katman1

Default RE: Phoenix SU-31 wing area??

Its really easy to measure the wing area. Unless I am not understanding it. Have a look at this. www.mediafire.com/ Not sure whats the easiest way to paste an image here so I guess I'll just use media fire until someone tells me otherwise.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Katman1

Default RE: Phoenix SU-31 wing area??

By the way I built mine totally stock and am using a .55 AX. My dry weight is 5.5 pounds. And yes it lands hot if you don't balance it correctly. Right now with the battery positioned ahead of the CG and with a big aluminum spinner and the cowl on it is a pain to land on our short runway. If I take off the cowl it lands nicely. I need to put the cowl back on and move the battery back until it balances in the same place as it does now without the cowl on. No added weight, the cowl is on, and it lands nice and slow. I would assume that you already tried moving your gear around to balance it instead of just chunking weight in the back..?

Oh yeah, it hovers at 75% thrust as well. With a 12 x 6 K-series Master Airscrew.