Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Y-Harness??????`

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Y-Harness??????`

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
22Ryan22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y-Harness??????`

Hello there, question, when a plane has a lot of yaw, i forget, how you couple the rudder and ailerons. Please help
Old 12-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Y-Harness??????`

Not with a "Y" harness, for certain. Either with computer mixing on the transmitter (rudder slaved to ailerons) or a servo mixer added to the two servos on the plane. Or, the old fashioned way, using your Mk I Thumbs and adding stick as necessary.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Dr1Driver

I assume you mean "opposite yaw" in turns. Use your left thumb and learn to fly the rudder. You'll be a better pilot for it.

Dr.1
Old 12-14-2006, 05:34 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Charlie and Dr1 are absolutely correct. Learn to fly the sticks and coordinate your rudder with your ailerons. Otherwise you have to use computer radio to mix them in, but it has to be mixed in as a percentage, like 30% rudder to aileron. This means that the rudder only moves 30% as far as the ailerons. Using a Y-harness like you suggested would give you a 1 to 1 mix. And 1 to 1 mix of rudder and aileron results in a real nice snap roll, which can be fun if you are doing advanced aerobatics. But no fun in a Nexstar.

Anyway, since you are just learning to fly it would help you the best to learn to use the good ole Mark One thumb. Learning rudder now will serve you better down the road in your flying career more than just about anything else.

Ken
Old 12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
22Ryan22

ok thanks. I am not really a new pilot as i have been flying my dad's planes for years, i just wanted a trusty, slow plane to have some fun on the weekends between races.

Thanks,

Ryan