Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Saito 82a in a pulse xt

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Saito 82a in a pulse xt

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:07 AM
zoott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 82a in a pulse xt

Im looking for some detailed description along with photos of how to mount a saito 82a in my new pulse xt

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Carpilot

Default RE: Saito 82a in a pulse xt

I mounted one in my Pulse XT. I had to modify the motor mount and used a flexible cable and a bell crank assembly for the throttle linkage.

I'll get some pics takes and post them in this thread.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:31 PM
zoott

Thanks that would be awesome. Could you also list the cable and bellcrank assy. so i can buy it if possible.
Thanks again
Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Carpilot

I'm no photographer, these ones came out halfway descent, some others are really bad so I'll leave those out until I figure out the problem.

I don't remember the part number for the bellcrank assy, but It was on the Great Planes parts rack at the hobby shop.
I got to go there tomorrow so I'll look and put it in later.

The wood going across the wing saddle with my AMA info is just there to hold that end of the flexible cable case. It is glued into the wood block as well as glued fo the fuselage in a couple other spots.

I think the carb is reversed on the 82A, I think I did that so the throttle lever would be towards the outside instead of the middle of the plane.

you can see the part I cut away on the motor mount to allow the engine to fit as far back as I could get it, Also the screw that bolts the mount to the firewall right behild the carburator is moved farther down, again, to get the engine as close to the firewall as I could.

Also note the engine bolt that is opposite from the others, I mounted the bellcrank too close and the nut would not fit so I reversed that one.

Also I installed a Dubro 16oz. fuel tank, I had to widen the hole in the former ahead of the servo tray but I think that's the only one.

I bought this plane and the engine at the same time because the engine was listed right on the box, but I didn't really know what I was in for, this thing just barely fits in there, and hangar 9 / horizon, whoever was no help at all. But I got it in there and I think it was worth it.

I run a APC 13X7 prop and it gives good speed and unlimited vertical, I can fly around and do maneuvers at half throttle, at full thottle I can do bigger faster maneuvers.

added more pics
fixed typos