Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Which one is the best choice....and why?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Which one is the best choice....and why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
gipper6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one is the best choice....and why?

Goldberg Skylark, Tower Kaos or Hanger 9 Pulse
Old 02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which one is the best choice....and why?

Hangar 9 Pulse.......... Newer technology. Nicer looking. It has nice features to it. IE removable hatch, bolt on tail, ready to bolt on canopy, etc.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I'd personally be more inclined to get the Kaos or the Skylark than the Pulse XT. The Pulse XT is a nice plane, and Hangar 9 products are usually very high quality. I just think the Pulse XT is going to be a really, really common sight at fields this spring. I like flying something a little more unusual.

Between the Kaos and the Skylark, they're both rated "4 Stars" here at RC Universe's User Review section. Some of the folks who downgraded the Skylark mentioned weak landing gear blocks and structural problems, whereas the only consistent complaints about the Kaos were with regards to wrinkles/bubbles in the covering.

The icing on the cake is saving $30 to $50 by going with the Kaos .40 ARF. You can almost buy a Kaos and a Super Tigre GS-45 for the price of a Pulse XT .40 ARF. All three of these are great choices, but the Kaos is a classic airframe and a great buy for the money. If you buy a Pulse XT, be prepared to see a lot of other folks with the same airframe that you're flying.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

The Kaos is an Icon. Its been around, how long now, 30 years or more. The plane has remained popular that long for a good reason. Its a long airplane. Expect more pattern like tracking and performance. Go big on the engine and the Kaos makes a great power flyer. Huge loops, long knife edges, nice, crisp and yet smooth.

The H9 Pulse is a nice airplane also, but the performance is much milder. Its less precise. ITs more pure sport airplane. Expect to bounce around a little more with this plane. But it slows easier to land . Friendly plane, won't bite. More responsive, but less smooth flyer.

The Skylark is another Icon of our hobby. Its almost a prefect cross of the other two airplanes. More precise than the H9 Pulse, but less than the Kaos. A sweet airplane with a friendly disposition.

I rate them in this order, for my tastes; 1) Kaos , 2) Skylark , 3) Pulse
Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A lot depends on your ability.

The Kaos is a more advanced airplane. If your skills are up to it, the Kaos would be the best choice.

If they're not, the other two would be much more suitable.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
gipper6

Good info - sounds like the Kaos for me. But should I go arf or buy the kit?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:35 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: gipper6

Good info - sounds like the Kaos for me. But should I go arf or buy the kit?
IMHO do the kit. But then again I think kits are the best way to go anyway!! But in all honesty, that comes down to what you want. If you feel up to it build the kit. In the long run you'll be glad that you did. But on the other hand, if you want to get in the air quickly then get the ARF.

Ken