Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Who makes a PC-9 or similar plane besides Seagull?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Who makes a PC-9 or similar plane besides Seagull?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM
sea fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes a PC-9 or similar plane besides Seagull?

Does anyone know of a company out there that makes a PC-9 or something similar? The Seagull PC-9 looks very nice and seems to fly well, I'm just afraid I will get bored with it rather quickly. But if there is one out there that isn't so trainer like, it might be more fun. I think I am just looking for something a little speedier than what I have been flying lately.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:16 PM
greyfoxx

Default RE: Who makes a PC-9 or similar plane besides Seagull?

I've never owned one, but you might check Richmond R/C. They distribute the "J-Mar" brand in two different sizes and 3 different color schemes.
You will have to do a bit of navigation after you enter the site, but here is their address:http://www.richmondrc.com/frameset.htm

And remember, "Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson sometime later!"
Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 AM
sea fury

I remember the J-Mar ARF's.....they have gotten mixed reviews here.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product%5F...fm?kit_id=1293

Only three sets of feedback comments. It sounds like it's a nice flying plane as long as you can work your way through the build OK.

One guy says the ARF is fantastic but the plane tends to tip stall, the other two say the ARF is spotty in quality but the plane flies great with no bad habits.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Trundle

The seagull PC-9 is no trainer and you shouldn't get bored with it very quickly.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
sea fury

I just saw that Hangar 9 has a T-34. That might work. The F-22 looks good too but then again I wonder about getting bored with it since it is desiged areound a trainer platform.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Dav0012

hi, i previously bought a (v-mar) pc-9 which could be another suggestion, i strongly suggest not getting one as vmar have one of the worst reputations for lowest quality arf builder here in australia but still a good flyer, mine only got one flight, as the undercarriage ripped out just taxying it too the runway, as i said, bad quality, i just took the other wheels off, got someone to throw it, and then i just belly landed it, quality looks on the outside, but terror on the inside but still another pc-9 as you asked. As you can guess i sold it after that 1 flight, but this is just something to take into consideration on choosing a pc-9. also those pre-installed landing gear stuts were already broken when i took them out of the box, cheap quality plastic to go along with a cheap quality plane, but dont get me wrong, they fly well, as i found out on maiden flight, but just not a plane i like, i'd rather have a plane that doesnt fall apart on me due to glue joints being unsatisfactory within the wing.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:44 AM
sea fury

Someone mentioned the v-mar arf's in another post. They do look good, but I don't want to rebuild it out of the box. A guy at our flying field wants to sell his Seagull PC-9......I might just take it. The Hangar 9 T-34 might be a good choice. I really need to just find a good plane for a newly acquired K&B Screamin' 48. I have wanted one of these engines for a long time, and finally got one. I want a hot little plane that actually looks like a plane to put it on.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

World Models makes a nice T-34 Mentor ARF as well. It's about $30 less than the Hangar 9 version and it has an excellent reputation. Some clubs run an entire pylon racing series around the WM T-34 Mentor ARF:

http://www.airborne-models.com/html/...p?ProductID=46

You can read the comments and reviews from other RC Universe members here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=1139

Good luck and good shopping!