Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

"air brake " settings

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

"air brake " settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:44 PM
markaboo929

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "air brake " settings

I am almost finished with a hangar 9 super stick 60 and had a question on air brake settings so that i can come in for a steep landing with out building air speed due to the field i fly at has trees that I DO NOT like to fly behind or close to.My trainer just floats way to much for me and have stop flying it cause .well im done with it ,I had flown 7 years ago and used to fly an extra 300-.60 size .But got back into flying and have been using my trainer for 3 months now and just about finished the super stick 60 and just dont want to "float by " when i land it.I have a futaba comp radio that i have set it for airbrake-both ailerons up for spoiler effexct and elevator slight down?- Will these give me desired results? I have been using the flight sim and have been flying the yak 54 and LOVE the way it lands,hell I can land it way better than my trainer,keep throttle on during approach ,line up the run way,idle back the t at end of run way,and she drops for perfect landing.any sugestions? besides a better field with NO trees! LOL
Old 09-08-2007, 05:19 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "air brake " settings

good landings rarely come from bad approaches...just an old saying. have you walked the distance from the end of the runway to the trees? It maybe farther than you think.
Anyway sounds like you maybe on the right track here. Remeber sims aren't the real deal. good luck