Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Lanier Ultimate Biplane 60"

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Lanier Ultimate Biplane 60"

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
djcmeeks
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Ultimate Biplane 60"

Has anyone flown this plane before? I have the opportunity to buy one in great condition off of a guy. He just put a new Saito 180GK in it. I am not familier with the planes capabilities, but I was looking for a good sport biplane. Right now I'm flying a great planes shoestring.

What do you think. Good plane? Adequate power. The guy said at full throttle it has a tendancy to torque roll. I think a larger prop should solve the problem. He also said that it's weighing in at about 11 lbs.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
broke_n_bummin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Ultimate Biplane 60"

I would think that a larger prop would just make it worse (more resistance). The 1.8 is more than adequite power. I'm flying a Seagull 59" Ultimate with an OS 1.08 FSR and it will do anything I want it to do.