Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

suggestions on a pulse xt

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

suggestions on a pulse xt

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Bretd123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions on a pulse xt

i want to get a pulse xt but i dont know if i should get an arf and use my avistar select electronics or get the pnp and use just the radio from my avistar. any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: suggestions on a pulse xt

If you can afford the PnP version, it's probably the better way to go. The Evolution .46NT that comes with the PnP version is a good, strong ball-bearing motor and will power the Pulse XT with more authority than the O.S. .40 LA that probably came with your Avistar.

It's always a good thing to have a couple of flyable planes to choose from, as well. If you buy the PnP version of the Pulse XT and you have a bad landing or something, you can fly the Avistar while you're working on repairs or waiting for parts.

Two planes are better than one.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:14 PM
JDV500

bret,
i bought the pulse pnp for the very reason mentioned above, to have another plane at the ready. the pulse's landing gear is a big plus for me, rugged and i was able to put larger tires on it to fly during the week in the dormant crop fields around the town. the installed .46nt runs perfectly and has more then enough power for me. the pnp servos in the pulse are from j/r.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
HollywoodHitman

This plane is amazing. It flies great. My second plane, and already my skills are much better. I bought the Hitect Universal flight pack for this plane, and put an OS 70 Surpass II in it. Flies and sounds amazing. I think the PNP might be more money than you need to spend. The Hitec 425 servos are just fine for this plane. Re-inforce the landing gear area, the firewall and the bolt on area for the wings and you're good to go!!!!

Good luck.

HH
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: HollywoodHitman

This plane is amazing. It flies great. My second plane, and already my skills are much better. I bought the Hitect Universal flight pack for this plane, and put an OS 70 Surpass II in it. Flies and sounds amazing. I think the PNP might be more money than you need to spend. The Hitec 425 servos are just fine for this plane. Re-inforce the landing gear area, the firewall and the bolt on area for the wings and you're good to go!!!!

Good luck.

HH
That Hitec flight pack with the 425s is a great value, Hollywood. It sounds like your Pulse XT with the .70 Surpass would be an awful lot of fun to fly.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 AM
HollywoodHitman

Ed,

Yes, this was a great second plane. One of the guys has a 4* and looking at my plane, and comparing the way they both seem to track in the air, the Pulse was the right choice.

The OS 70 Surpass II is a great engine, and my first 4 stroke. I've been very happy with the Hitec packs and in comparison to the JR pack I was going to get, the price is unbeatable.