Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

f-22 pts as a sport plane?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

f-22 pts as a sport plane?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Bretd123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-22 pts as a sport plane?

would a f-22 pts be a good sport plane if i took off the NACA droops off? i have built many electric arfs but dont think i am ready to install a glow engine, i think, with my luck, something will go wrong.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 AM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: f-22 pts as a sport plane?

I have not flown the F-22 yet. But did fly the P-51 PTS. I changed the prop to a 11-6APC and flew it first with the wing droops or whatever they are called. It flew good. did not spin, snap and when it stalled it really was'nt even a stall just dropped it's nose and kept right on flying. Second flight i took the wing droops off and while it still would'nt snap to my liking it would spin. I did not try flying with the speed brakes on the landing gear either time. Can't tell you about the third flight someone liked it so much after the second flight. They made me an offer i could'nt refuse.

So in my uneducated guess i would say yes it would make a nice sport plane.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:52 PM
skull1971

They are a good sport plane, but a bit of a hand full. They really like an 11x5 or so prop, with the Evo. Best set up I've seen yet is an OS 55, it flew great. Really needs retracts to make it look right.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally believe your every day sport flier should be built for how it flies not for looks. I go for scale but only in addition to my sport planes which are much more fun and less hassle, but scale is also a nice change of pace.

Something like the GP revolver would be a much better every day flier in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46730.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	845196  
Old 01-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Eflyer177

ive got one on landing i broke the nose off theres a big weak spot near the nose and im asking would it fly any better with a 2 bladed prop and the flaps raised all the way up