Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Pulse XT + OS .55?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Pulse XT + OS .55?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Yaniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulse XT + OS .55?

I'm getting a little bored with the evo 46 i have and was thinking of upgrading to one of these, anybody done it yet?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 AM
HollywoodHitman

Default RE: Pulse XT + OS .55?

Dude,

OS 70 Surpass II with a 12/7 prop. L O V E this plane!!! Sounds amazing, makes me look good by being such a good flyer.

Cheers,

HH
Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Yaniel

thanks, but i'd really like to stay 2 stroke. but i agree about the plane, it makes EVERYONE look good.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

.55 AX would be an exciting choice, as would the new Evolution .52 NX airplane engine (there's also a heli version). Ed Moorman has been testing the new JBA .56A 2-stroke available from www.kangkeusa.com, and initial reports are that the stock engine compares very favorably to the power output of the O.S. .55 AX:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6762745/tm.htm

At $79.99, the JBA .56 may be the best value for the dollar when hot-rodding your .40-size sport plane. The Super Tiger G-51 and Magnum XLS .52A are also popular 2-strokes available in the .46+ size range. In any event, you should purchase whichever brand of engine that you're most comfortable with. Good luck and good shopping!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
amdhotprocessor
My Feedback: (6)

if a JBA engine is of interest, look at the SK line from kange(sp?) i hear they are decent too but look a little nicer than the jba, I just can get past that pansy blue pastel paint( ewww) but i guess if it runs good.

If it were me id stay with evo over os or any other besides ys or saito. I love MY EVO. as long as evo has a engine in the size i want, I WILL NEVER buy any other engine....EVER.... you know they run good when the jet and nelson guys at the field even oogle over it.
they purr so nice..mmmmm EVO
Old 01-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Someone flies one w/ a .46AX at our field and it
still tears up the sky! A .55 will
be great but, watch the full
throttle stuff! The Pulse is a very smooth
flying airplane that looks like it can really handle the rigors
of high speed flying.

I know my Calmato Sports
couldn't handle a .55 at wot! From
what I hear, that motor is stronger
than most .60's out there!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Captain DeadStick
My Feedback: (7)

I have a Pulse which has been powered by both the OS55 and 46. Honestly I didn't notice that much difference in flat out speed. The 55 will obviously allow you to spin a bigger prop but it depends on what type of flying you want to do. I'm still flying this plane but with the .46 if that tells you anything.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 OS .55AXs, an SK 50 and a JBA .56. They all run very well.

The OS 55 oozes quality. It is plenty powerful and is the sweetest engine you'll ever run.

The JBA 56 pulls right along with the OS and seems to be reliable in the air, although I haven't flown it much due to weather.

The SK 50 is more of a torquey engine. It likes a 12-5 prop and will not turn high rpm. It isn't ported or timed for it. It, too, runs good.

The OS & JBA have more power than the SK, but the SK is pretty good on a big prop.

If you aren't very experienced with engines, the OS is best. If you are good with engines and can hear a hundred rpm or so change in the air, the Chinese engines are great.

Both the SK and JBA carbs seem to be well made and will jump from idle or mid range to full power without hesitation. They also have good mid ranges.

The OS you can drop in a plane and go fly. The other two need a break-in.