Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Tax Stimulus!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Tax Stimulus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:55 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Tax Stimulus!!!

WOOO HOOO... The feds are gonna give me somthing back to stimulate the economy! What should I buy? I am not supposed to save it so I want another airplane!
I want a Great Planes Ultimate 1.60. Yes that is it I will buy one of those!!!
What is everyone else getting?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Sr-Telemaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tax Stimulus!!!

Gas for my van to get to the flying field.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Campy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on the gas. At $4.00 a gallon (by summertime) it isn't going to go far though.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
jeffk464

We will have to race out and buy chinese made arf's, engines, and controllers to boost the US economy.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:57 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about buying kits from Sig, or Balsa USA ? They're made in the USA.

I just bought a new Ford. I'm giving the money to my bank. LOL
Old 03-18-2008, 08:27 AM
carlosponti

if my wife would let me i would definitely be spending it getting another plane but the married guys knows how that works out
Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 AM
vertical grimmace

Yes, Another BUSA WW1 warbird would be great. I really want an ultimate though.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
PipeMajor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately no toys for me. My stimulus is going into my IRA for 2007. Money normally used to fund that went to sending a kid to college. Our Camry Hybrid is great on gas (39+mpg) but won't transport any of the larger models.

I do need an engine for a used 4* 60 ARF I just bought and a radio for a Sig Somethin' Extra kit I'm building. Thinking of a Saito 100 for the 4* and want to get a 2.4mHTz radio for the SE. My boy has a Spektrum DX7 in his Mini UltraStick. We'd like to upgrade the AR6100 (parkflyer) receiver to a full range RX.

I fly an US40 with a Futaba 9C with synthesized 72mHTz modules. Perhaps a Futaba FAAST or Specktrum module for that...
Old 03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
catracer343

ORIGINAL: Campy

Ditto on the gas. At $4.00 a gallon (by summertime) it isn't going to go far though.
Hah! That would be nice...I'm currently paying $4.18 a gallon for my 3/4 ton Chevy diesel (daily driver) and can't afford to buy a little beater. If they want to stimulate the American prostate, why don't they just drop the price of diesel back down to where it was 1 year ago...($2.15 a gal.) Diesel fuel RUNS THIS COUNTRY! -Just think about it... rant over.[:@]
Old 03-18-2008, 07:05 PM
vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: catracer343

Hah! That would be nice...I'm currently paying $4.18 a gallon for my 3/4 ton Chevy diesel (daily driver) and can't afford to buy a little beater. If they want to stimulate the American prostate, why don't they just drop the price of diesel back down to where it was 1 year ago...($2.15 a gal.) Diesel fuel RUNS THIS COUNTRY! -Just think about it... rant over.[:@]
Maybe if the lefties would allow us to build some refineries and overall make it cheaper to manufacture fuels, the price would come down and then we all could get a new plane.
Here is one to piss off the E-wacos...I really want nukes! How about a nuclear powered car? The best thing about a nuclear powered car is I could also finally have something with a self destruct! (something I have always wanted).
Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Falco5

Wow..we could do with some Tax Stimulus here..at the moment paying the equvilent of $7.65 a Gal for 93 unleaded...$100 bucks to fill the tank on the Falcon S/W...at least I can get a couple of models in the back....Hahaha, I may convert the Falcon to run on methanol..it could be cheaper than petrol..!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:42 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

at $4 a gallon for diesel i am personally sending $150 a week to the oil companies and the middle east. bio diesel (20%) went from $0.15 more than diesel fuel to $.035 a gallon more. in a few short weeks. 100% bio fuel is over $5 a gallon. i should channel my building efforts into a bio diesel processor.

david
Old 03-19-2008, 09:50 PM
chrisp32

lol you guys are funny, i think that i would probably buy another plane, but wait my goernment isnt giving me back any money, oh-well but then again i wish they were you gas is cheap compared to mine up here in canada more specifacally alberta where we make it can cost between $1.10 to $1.60 per liter thats $4.40 to $6.40 per galon. but me being a fanatic of the any ultimate biplane would probly put it towards that. happy flyin
Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 PM
shane.barton

ORIGINAL: catracer343

Let's hear it for diesel truck drivers!

I'm sporting an F-250 3/4 ton diesel myself!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

I'm pretty sure the wife will get our $1,800.00 kickback from Uncle Sam. She found out last night that I'm about to start a Sig 4* kit that I bought a week ago and snuck in under the radar. Her quote, "No more!, I have a house full of airplanes that can't fly me anywhere!". So I'm thinking my spending is done for a little while (I've bought three planes in as many months). Sure was fun while it lasted tho.

Dodge 1ton 3500 diesel here....going....broke....
Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
jeffk464

Looks like there is some potential to get relief at the pump and maybe stop sending our country's wealth to the middle east. A company "Cokata" has figured out a cheap easy way to make ethanol from pretty much any kind of organic material. General Motors looks to backing this process so it probably has practical potential.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008...on_coskata.php

Oh, here is another link in case treehugger.com has a questionable reputation.

http://www.boston.com/business/techn...based_ethanol/

P.S. I think ethanol runs pretty well in our glow engines.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:29 PM
RACJ

If General Motors or any American oil companys back it the price will more than gasoline. This dumb ole southern country boy says "you better figure out how to help yourself because big business nor this country is gonna help you. Their interests are only in the rich and welfare. All of us inbetween are just gonna kill ourselves(with no healthcare) working 60 to 80 hours a week to pay for THEIR interests.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:59 PM
vertical grimmace

I just wish they would not take the our money in the first place. Seems kind of silly to scramble to pay the april 15 deadline just to get a check again in a month or so.