Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Super Tiger 45 enough for hobbico extra 300?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Super Tiger 45 enough for hobbico extra 300?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:54 AM
silkyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tiger 45 enough for hobbico extra 300?

I am in the military and stationed away from my usual RC fleet. I am looking to buy a used hobbico extra 300s AWARF with a super tiger .45. The plane is supposed to come in at 6 pounds. I already have a GP extra 300s ARF with a OS 46 FX back home and I love how it flies. Can I expect similar performance from the Hobbico 300 with a ST 45? I am confused at this because a manual I found on hobbico's website says it's a 60 size plane when the weight and wingspan are nearly identical to the "40" size great planes extra I own.
Thanks
Tim
Old 04-06-2008, 05:44 AM
yel914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super Tiger 45 enough for hobbico extra 300?

I can't weigh in on the plane, but I have both OS .46 and ST .45's and I find the ST to be a more powerful engine, even the Chinese version! At 6 lbs I think you might be happier with a .60 size. Just my .02, hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super Tiger 45 enough for hobbico extra 300?

That engine will fly it well and will give the usual aerobatics, but if you are looking for excellent advanced aerobatic performance and vertical you will need a different engine. It really depends on how you are looking to fly it.