Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Big Stick Resource ?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Big Stick Resource ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 AM
RACE 66

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big Stick Resource ?

I thought I would throw this out. I've surfed the net to see if there is a Big Stick ARC - .60 to .90 size engine out there.
I've not been to successful. Any of you know of this type of aircraft avail for purchase ? Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Stick Resource ?

I'd recommend buying a Hangar 9 Super Stick .40 or .60 ARF and recovering it. You won't have any trouble peeling off the shelf paper covering that H9 uses on their Value Series ARFs.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM
RACE 66

That's a thought ! Since it's still early in my posting, I'll sit it out awhile and see if there are any other responses. But, I will look into your suggestion though. Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 06:49 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you mean Big Stick as in Great Planes Big Stik, it does not exist in ARC form.

If you mean "Big Stick" in the generic sense of anything patterned after the original Ugly Stick, it is possible that an ARC version exists. I've never seen one or a link to one, though.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:09 AM
RACE 66

Carrell, thanks for your input. Yes, what you assumed was what I was thinking. When I stated "Big Stick", I was thinking of the original take off of the "Das Ugly Stick" series. I am in agreement with not "seeing" a ARC series at this time. I may have to "bite" the bullet and scratch one, as I still have the plans from a previous aircraft I had several years ago. Mike
Old 08-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a couple Midwest Aero-Sport 20-40-60 sized kits on *bay right now. They're pretty easy to build, part of the Midwest "Success Series" of kits. They have a conventional empannage.

I don't see many ARC models anymore.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have the plans, you could have had one cut out by now. You will only find them once in a great while here on RCU and the Bay, so just scratch one. Nice to know there are 2 of us that know what a great plane the sticks were. One of the best ever. Good Luck, Dave
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a builder BUT for the last two years I have been flying a Great Planes "Big Stick 60 ARF " & am really sold on it . Very hard to beat it for the price . I just wish I would have spent a little more time on it & changed it over to a tail dragger . Give it a try , MAX H.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:18 AM
RACE 66

Thanks Big, I just realized my plans that I currently have is for a .40 size which I stated earlier to scratch a plane, thinking they were .60. I bit the bullet and just sent off to RCM plan division for a .60 Das Ugly Stick aka Jensen. Yeah, bang for the buck the GP sick looks good, but, I really do enjoy slicing and gluing my fingers together Thanks for the suggestion and to those that responded. PS: I do have an ARF though, it's a DP Ultimate with a ST. 2300 on the nose. NICE flyin' plane.